Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Donald Kemp

RVF Regular
Actually have two questions. Still have a bell alarm going off constantly when coach is running. Not brake, air, levelers. Can't think what other alarm could be going off under dash. Also have a diagnostic plug and is self diagnostic but manuel does not show what two poles to jump.

@Donald Kemp Perhaps you could provide some basic information regarding what make , model, & year coach you have to give us a clue what you are working. With some coach information there may be someone on the forum that could offer some help.

Sorry, thought I did. Have an 05 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with 400 ISL Cummins. Manual gives me nothing as to warning buzzers. It also says it's self diagnostic with jumper plug. Bought used with no jumper plug and nothing to indicate which posts to jump. Be Cummins says you need several thousand dollars worth of equipment to diagnose.

What do your air gauges say? Low air pressure will set off the alarm. Is air pressure coming up to at least 60-65 pounds? When fully aired up, it should be in then 120-125 psi range. Low air pressure is the first thing I would suspect. Check your gauges.

As for the “self’diagnostic” plug-in, it is called an On-Board Diagnostic Port (OBD) and is used to plug in diagnostic equipment. In a 2005 Freightliner chassis, it will likely be the J-1708 six-pin version. If it is a 9-pin connector, it is a J-1939. You can buy a relatively inexpensive “code reader” that will show a fault code if one is present. In some cases, the better code readers also allow you to re-set the code but doesn’t actually fix the problem, nor does it tell you exactly what to fix. It just identifies the symptom and system location.

TJ

Sorry, thought I did. Have an 05 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with 400 ISL Cummins. Manual gives me nothing as to warning buzzers. It also says it's self diagnostic with jumper plug. Bought used with no jumper plug and nothing to indicate which posts to jump. Be Cummins says you need several thousand dollars worth of equipment to diagnose.
I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I had a transmission sensor/ air brake sensor (the really LOUD one) go bad. It would start that extremely loud beeping every time I put the transmission in gear, even though the auto levelers were up, the air pressure was up, and everything was OK. I had to drive from Gulf Shores to Chattanooga with it beeping at me because I couldn't figure out what to do. Turns out the sensor in the arm rest under all those rocker switches and park brake knob was bad. I found it and bought a replacement from Veurink's RV parts in WI. They have all sorts of old Holiday Rambler parts. You might call their service department or parts department and see if they might know which buzzer you have that has gone bad. Good luck!

Air is great with at least 125. Can't even get warning no matter how long I continue to press the break. Warning is working right it shuts off when up to pressure.
I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I had a transmission sensor/ air brake sensor (the really LOUD one) go bad. It would start that extremely loud beeping every time I put the transmission in gear, even though the auto levelers were up, the air pressure was up, and everything was OK. I had to drive from Gulf Shores to Chattanooga with it beeping at me because I couldn't figure out what to do. Turns out the sensor in the arm rest under all those rocker switches and park brake knob was bad. I found it and bought a replacement from Veurink's RV parts in WI. They have all sorts of old Holiday Rambler parts. You might call their service department or parts department and see if they might know which buzzer you have that has gone bad. Good luck!
Thank you for your advice. Will check it out! Safe travels!

Latest resources

Back