Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Wash Day & Annual Ceramic

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

redbaron

Moderator
Joined
Nov 3, 2019
Messages
3,175
RV Year
2022
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
45
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
8 Hours of doing the annual ceramic maintenance, which includes a good wash, light buff with the ceramic top layer, and then a final wipe on of the maintenance. This is year 4 since the paint correction and initial ceramic coating.
IMG_5133.jpeg
IMG_5132.jpeg
IMG_5130.jpeg
IMG_5129.jpeg
 
Looks great. My wife and I just spent the better part of a day washing our TT. The TT was ceramic coated a year ago and we have an awful time getting the hard water marks out of the finish.

We tried using a product called Gtechniq which worked well but left streaks in the ceramic coating. Any ideas about what we’re doing wrong? Very frustrating.

Thanks for any input.
 
ceramic coating will show spots just as bad, if not worse. The key is to wash it while the paint is cool, do it in small sections, and keep it dry asap.

The alternative is to use DI water. I use water that shows < 2 ppm of minerals. This allows me to just wash it and let it air dry.

Once the spots are there, you will need to use a polisher to remove it There is no chemical, no wipe on solution that will remove the spots once they show. It needs to be buffed. When you do the buffing, you are removing a portion of the ceramic. The goal is to remove minimal, and then reapply what you took off.

Its a lot to learn, and only worth it if you truly enjoy doing it.
 
ceramic coating will show spots just as bad, if not worse. The key is to wash it while the paint is cool, do it in small sections, and keep it dry asap.

The alternative is to use DI water. I use water that shows < 2 ppm of minerals. This allows me to just wash it and let it air dry.

Once the spots are there, you will need to use a polisher to remove it There is no chemical, no wipe on solution that will remove the spots once they show. It needs to be buffed. When you do the buffing, you are removing a portion of the ceramic. The goal is to remove minimal, and then reapply what you took off.

Its a lot to learn, and only worth it if you truly enjoy doing it.
Where do you get this water? One would need a lot of it for a wash........
 
I make mine the day before I wash vehicles. I have 2 bags. The large one lasts for all my washing steps, from first spray, foam cannon, to final rinse. I do the RV and 6 cars in the same week and have left over. It takes about 9 hours to make the 264 gallons of RO at 6ppm and then I run that thru my DI filters feeding pressure washer and it comes out at 1PPM


Here are the basic parts

Moongiantgo 264G/1000L Foldable... Amazon.com : Moongiantgo 264G/1000L Foldable Portable Water Storage Bladder 1000D PVC | Emergency Water Storage Container with Valve & Overflow Kit-Soft Water Storage Bag for Emergency Water, RV, Garden : Patio, Lawn & Garden


200 GPD Self-Priming RO Booster... Amazon.com: 200 GPD Self-Priming RO Booster Pump for Reverse Osmosis System : Tools & Home Improvement




I run 3 RO filters and use the pump between source water and first filter. I adjust the waste output on each to 6PPM, then let it flow.

From the bag, another pump feeding the pressure washer.

Folds compact and fits in the Rv for when I am traveling and want to do a wash.
 
You can get smaller bags. The RV alone needs 50 gallons if your mildly conservative with its use. I carry a 100 gallon so I don’t have to stress
 

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom