Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'd like to add a valve that can cutoff the city water input so that I can control the water supply source from within the coach. I created a suggestion for Newmar that details my purpose (click here) but for now I may consider adding a valve that I can control either via smartphone or on/off switch within the coach. Yes, I know I can go outside and turn off city water, the goal is control from within the coach. Main reason per the Newmar suggestion is prioritizing the water source to the fresh water tank over city water and only using city water feed to refill the fresh tank.

Any suggestions on a system to use to accomplish this?

Something like this in a quick search:

or

12v-valve.png

On the Canyon Star, if I have the water fill valve set to fill the tank, the water pump only recycles water to the tank when energized and does not pressurize the water to the RV. You might want to check this when the valve is set to Tank rather than City.

I'd like to add a valve that can cutoff the city water input so that I can control the water supply source from within the coach. I created a suggestion for Newmar that details my purpose (click here) but for now I may consider adding a valve that I can control either via smartphone or on/off switch within the coach. Yes, I know I can go outside and turn off city water, the goal is control from within the coach. Main reason per the Newmar suggestion is prioritizing the water source to the fresh water tank over city water and only using city water feed to refill the fresh tank.

Any suggestions on a system to use to accomplish this?

Something like this in a quick search:

or

View attachment 6462
Use a valve like this but using 115 volts. Why?
Because your plugged in.
When your unplugged it will shut off if your wired correctly.
And yes you can fish a wire to a switch where ever you want to put it. or use a bluetooth arduino to control it.
Just remembered seeing home automation switches too.

Neal I think you set the record for doing the mo0st work, in order to do less. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back