RV Year
RV Make
Dutchmen
RV Model
Yukon 399ML
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
Had the dealership install a washer and dryer. It had a leak and damaged my interior and exterior walls, floors, bathroom cabinets and more. Who is responsible for the repair, accommodations, etc. I have only lived in the RV for 25 days. Thank you for any help!!!

Had the dealership install a washer and dryer. It had a leak and damaged my interior and exterior walls, floors, bathroom cabinets and more. Who is responsible for the repair, accommodations, etc. I have only lived in the RV for 25 days. Thank you for any help!!!
I would believe the dealership, that installed items, would be responsible for the repairs to the RV itself.

I would agree. Dealer is responsible. Don’t let em skimp on the repair either. Sounds like it could be a big job. From your profile, looks like the unit is brand new as well. Depending on the size of the repair, it may end up showing a damage history which means they would have a diminished value claim on their hands as well. Try reselling a unit that has a history of water damage...gonna be a hard unit to move.

I would agree. Dealer is responsible. Don’t let em skimp on the repair either. Sounds like it could be a big job. From your profile, looks like the unit is brand new as well. Depending on the size of the repair, it may end up showing a damage history which means they would have a diminished value claim on their hands as well. Try reselling a unit that has a history of water damage...gonna be a hard unit to move.
Thank you for the feedback!! The diminished value is a very good point.

If you don't want to fight with the dealer that caused the problem or if you don't think they can do the repair properly, call your insurance agent. They may be willing to pay for the repair and you could then take it to any shop you want for the repairs. An outside shop may do a much better job because it's not coming out of their pocket.

Since it was caused by a dealer, if you go the insurance route, politely contact the manufacturer and see if they will repair it, even if you have to pay(via insurance, of course). Although, even if you incur some out-of -pocket cost in addition to what the insurance pays, the manufacturer may do a better job than anyone, with less waiting around for parts receiving the wrong parts, etc.

I surely wouldn’t want the same dealer repairing the unit that caused the problem.

Latest resources

Back