• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Water filter for camper

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Nuf said!!! I proudly wear my tinfoil hat! Be that because I would rather not need annual checkups, or I have one that fits my souls temperament! I do spend less time in the wizards office complex than most!!! But I know you have freewill to follow your own drummer.

So I personally use a high quality filter system that will remove highly toxic compounds that our government freely puts in "your" (loosely stated) drinking water. Sediment filters do nothing to remove them, and carbon block filters only remove one of them. If you use deodorant/ anti perspirant. Through your membrane I referred to you increase your chances of aluminum poisoning.

I reject the idea of HEK93 in my food. I use Rumford baking powder rather than the alternatives because engesting aluminum can't be good. .

But everyone has the option, how they take care of their meat bag!

Cheers!

I almost lost my dog and cat to giardia cysts in campground water. It did impact my elderly cat's health until she died a few years later (she was very old). We did not drink any of the water because it smelled weird.
BTW, this happened in a little town north of Chatt. So there are no guarantees on water purity anywhere.

Like I said, water purity and filtration is a personal thing. Kinda like tastes in food. I just say what I do and why I do it. So people who have or have not run into water problems can decide what risks they are comfortable taking.

It would never dawn on my mother to not drink tap water, unless it was because it was highly chlorinated. Her drinking water has always been well or spring water that is either very pure (NC mountains where they sell jugs of sediment filtered tap water to people in FL & GA) or low to moderately high in iron (FL). Like me, she grew up drinking water from free-flowing artesian wells in Florida orange groves that had varying amounts of iron and sulfur. None of it was harmful. She was very shocked to be told "don't drink the water" and WHY when she came out to NM for a long stay with one of my daughters. But then a lot about ABQ shocked my mother. She really didn't believe us when we told her NM is very racist. Not until she saw it for herself.

Some things you just can't tell some people. They have to experience it for themselves. I think water is like that. People think if they can't see a problem or taste a problem, then there's no problem. Until they personally experience a problem, there's no problem.

Threads like these live on for a while. People come to the forums, do a search, read up on answers that other people have used to address a similar problem and go away armed with info that they can use, modify or discard as they see fit.

When checking in, DW always asks the campground questions on water quality (city, well water, hardness, etc). So far during full time use for 4.5+ yrs, we haven't run into any issues with the office personnel being untruthful. We often drink campground water (except in the southwest) if the office personnel says it's good. We use a 1 micron sediment filter prior to the water softener and a 1 micron carbon filter after the softener. Will occasionally take the carbon filter off when connected to city supplied water,
We use standard canister filters and the filter element itself is roughly/guessing 2" in diameter and 12" long (never actually measured).

HA! Tin foil hats...... maybe I'm in that club:ROFLMAO:

When we're plugged in somewhere, if water quality is suspect, we use a 3 stage in-line 1 micron pre-filter at the hose bib and a 0.5 micron house filter. In 20 years, we've never had a problem. When boondocking, mostly in the Quartzsite area, we buy RO water to fill our main tank at Pit Stop. As for using our MH water system, we've never had a health problem with proper water system maintenance. Don't be afraid to your your RV water system!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back