Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jonathan F

RVF Newbee
Hi, all - this is my first venture into this forum!
We bought a Nova Coachman D 2024 last October and it went right into storage until this week. This is the first time we have used it.
When my wife bought it and picked it up in PA (we live in SD), the person she bought it from and who was supposed to meet her either left or was fired. They were not expecting her. As a result, they gave her almost zero introduction to the unit.
We are using it for the first time and trying to figure things out. One thing we cannot solve is how to get hot water. We have electric power coming into the RV and we did what we thought the instructions were telling us to do insofar as setting everything up -- but zero.
Any advice would be of great help! Thank you!

Sorry for your introduction to the RV world!!!

I would look up winterizing your RV on these pages.

Owner's Kit and verify the valves to the water heater are open!!! Other than that check fuses, maybe breakers,if it has grid current 115vac heater element.

Oh!!! Download the manuals for off line access to them.

And its not good to run a water heater with no water in the tank.

Rick

Thank you for your advice! Much appreciated. It turned out that when our service people here at home de-winterized the camper, they did not move the valves back to where they should have been for the water heater to function. Thankfully, Yellowstone had a shop there, and they had the tools to open up the space and move the valves where they should have been. Your advice was spot on. However, I had no way to get to the heater! So my service people and I will be having a conversation next week. Thanks again!

Thank you for your advice! Much appreciated. It turned out that when our service people here at home de-winterized the camper, they did not move the valves back to where they should have been for the water heater to function. Thankfully, Yellowstone had a shop there, and they had the tools to open up the space and move the valves where they should have been. Your advice was spot on. However, I had no way to get to the heater! So my service people and I will be having a conversation next week. Thanks again!
Please take the time to mark this as resolved!

Thank you for letting us know your fix!

We feel good knowing we helped, but of even more important is that others on the search engines are more likely to find this thread because of useful information!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back