Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MaryannesMind

RVF Newbee
I am having issues with my water. I am hooked up at an RV park, my hose is working, its connected and has been working fine but now all of a sudden I have a drip at most? With all my sinks and shower.

It will work full throttle and then decrease down to a drip in seconds.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Do you have a filter that needs replacing?

Please don't take this the wrong way...but it sounds like someone may have turned the water off at the spigot. At lease check it out. Maybe a neighbor thinking it was theirs(?)
At any rate....for me, water issues are easier to trace than electrical problems. You discover the reason for your dilemma soon enough ?

The only thing I can think of far as your trailer, is there's a screen at the inlet (or should be) where your hose hooks up that could be clogged.

As Neal suggested, I'd check the filter. Mine did the same thing a couple of months ago. It was as simple as changing the filter.

I'm +2 on changing the filter cartridge. A clogged filter will allow a small amount of water to squeeze through and build pressure in the pipes. When you turn a faucet on, you get a quick rush of water due to the built-up pressure, but there's not enough flow through the filter to sustain more that a drip after a few seconds.

TJ

Please don't take this the wrong way...but it sounds like someone may have turned the water off at the spigot. At lease check it out. Maybe a neighbor thinking it was theirs(?)
At any rate....for me, water issues are easier to trace than electrical problems. You discover the reason for your dilemma

I'm +2 on changing the filter cartridge. A clogged filter will allow a small amount of water to squeeze through and build pressure in the pipes. When you turn a faucet on, you get a quick rush of water due to the built-up pressure, but there's not enough flow through the filter to sustain more that a drip after a few seconds.

TJ
Awesome !!!! Thank you for this !!

You probably don't have a built in water filter. Turn your water off at the spigot, then unhook the hose from the trailer. Look into the connection on the trailer and you should see a fine screen. Dig the screen and gasket (one piece) out and see how clogged it is. You then have the opportunity to clean it and put it back in. Make sure you let us know what you find out.

Latest resources

Back