• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Water leak blue/red line bathroom

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I bought a used 2020 Highland Ridge in late 2021, I discovered a few months after I got it that there were 22 leaks.

all of them were where the PEX pipe was connected to an elbow or faucet connector. The leaks were a result of the crimped connections not being properly crimped, either not fully clamped down or the person who did it full on missed the union, crimping behind it, instead of on it.

I went and purchased the PEX crimping tool, all new rings, and replaced the cheap plastic elbows with brass, also installed shutoff valves at each of the faucets.

I suspect the original owner traded this unit in because of these leaks, they were beyond obvious.

all connections at the dock port, for the city water, black tank flush and the outdoor shower.
all the connections coming from the dock then going under the floor where a 90° elbow was used.
all the connections at the hot water tank, kitchen sink, bath sink, shower and toilet

the shower was leaking in the wall and down under the trailer, I had to remove all the underside covers and dry out the whole underside of the trailer for several days, then coat it with a mold inhibitor.

it has been several months now and I have not seen any further leaks.

I purchased some yolink leak sensors and have them under the sinks and behind the sofa where the dock port hoses from in, if there is an issue, I get an alert on my phone from the yolink sensor.

The best method described by Kevin. The pex is to rigid and puts pressure on the cheap connectors. Take the strain off with flexible faucet lines, 1/2 inch female pipe thread on both ends, and put a shut off in while doing it.
Thank you so much for your help! We are gonna do as you all have suggested. Appreciate the advice!!
I bought a used 2020 Highland Ridge in late 2021, I discovered a few months after I got it that there were 22 leaks.

all of them were where the PEX pipe was connected to an elbow or faucet connector. The leaks were a result of the crimped connections not being properly crimped, either not fully clamped down or the person who did it full on missed the union, crimping behind it, instead of on it.

I went and purchased the PEX crimping tool, all new rings, and replaced the cheap plastic elbows with brass, also installed shutoff valves at each of the faucets.

I suspect the original owner traded this unit in because of these leaks, they were beyond obvious.

all connections at the dock port, for the city water, black tank flush and the outdoor shower.
all the connections coming from the dock then going under the floor where a 90° elbow was used.
all the connections at the hot water tank, kitchen sink, bath sink, shower and toilet

the shower was leaking in the wall and down under the trailer, I had to remove all the underside covers and dry out the whole underside of the trailer for several days, then coat it with a mold inhibitor.

it has been several months now and I have not seen any further leaks.

I purchased some yolink leak sensors and have them under the sinks and behind the sofa where the dock port hoses from in, if there is an issue, I get an alert on my phone from the yolink sensor.
we did exactly what you said and it worked! Thank you so much. 😊

Thank you so much for your help! We are gonna do as you all have suggested. Appreciate the advice!!

we did exactly what you said and it worked! Thank you so much. 😊

Good to hear.

I know a lot of plumbers swear by pex nowadays. Personally not a fan. For the RV I can see the benefits for weight savings. On a house never again. Copper only.

I have seen my share of copper problems, I prefer it also however.

Latest resources

Back