• Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here's a better view.

Attachments

• 344520643_782166426607850_2242238806182546802_n.jpg
    344520643_782166426607850_2242238806182546802_n.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 8
Don't really see where the one on the left goes. Is there a tank connection behind that tool box?
When it gets just under that second sensor (from the top) is when I start having problems.

What am I looking at? Do I see two tanks with a cross over tube at the bottom?

Looks like 2 tanks with a crossover on the right in the pic. Upper fill line is obvious. Not sure where the water is taken out? Maybe that fitting on the right behind the equalizer line?

Yah, so one tank is going dry enough to suck air. Bad setup, my thought is disconnect the small tank and only use the one large tank. I thought the line is coming from what looks like a why in that crossover. Why would anyone do that? Wonder if the tanks are both vented.

The tanks may be the same size. I have 2 in my Jayco TT and the line connecting them is smaller then that. I don't like how mine is either. It pulls from just one of the tanks and fills in the other. Low point drains are separate for both.

I am going out on a limb and guessing that with the tanks full, the pump has less vacuum pulling on the supply line and when the water gets about halfway it has to lift just enough to pull a air leak in a fitting on the supply line.

I am going out on a limb and guessing that with the tanks full, the pump has less vacuum pulling on the supply line and when the water gets about halfway it has to lift just enough to pull a air leak in a fitting on the supply line.
That was how we got here! I am now thinking a vortex is forming in one of the tanks. This shows how lame the engineering is in the RV INDUSTRY.

So what do you think, move the why to the drain bung on the main tank, and take that why out of the crossover??? New hole in floor for the drain to go and a plug for the old hole?

I can't see if that is a Y or it is just another penetration next to the xover pipe......It is nice to have a little water stay in the tank to contain crud but if you are wanting to use every ounce of water it is not so good.....It really should be no problem to put another fitting in lower if needed.

So was thinking about this while sleeping, I get answers that way!

I will tell you what I see wrong that might help. Even if it fails to help on this project it would help with another issue you have not addressed yet.

The fill hose has a dip! This dip makes filling the tank slower. Simply let the strap down till the dip is gone. I like to strap fill hoses to a split piece of pvc pipe to keep them straight.

If your fill fitting has a cap try taking the cap off and pump the tank down. If you no longer suck air, your tank vent hose has a dip that has water in it. Make sure the vent hose is free of dips.

I see the problem as one tank has a proper vent while the other doesn't. A dip in the vent will create a small but important vacuum in the tank allowing one tank to drain unequally. This new to the system problem, likely manifested itself when you fully filled the tank and that allowed water into the vent hose.

Latest resources

Back