Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
My water pump stopped working last night and miraculously it is working today. Is this an indication of a slow death or could it be a result of other things? I've been having trouble with my black tank sensor and when it gets to 15%, it jumps to 100% and the red light goes off. In order to be able to flush the toilet, I've been taking the fuse out for the Monitor and Water Pump.

Last night, the temperature here in Montana was dropping to 32 degrees, so I disconnected my water and put the fuse back in so I could use my water pump to wash the dishes. It initially worked, but then the water started sputtering and then nothing. Completely dead. Today, I thought I'd just check to make sure the water pump was truly kaput. I put the fuse back in and voila, it works. The only other piece of information I have to add is that I had the Oasis burner on and was using hot water.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Renee

@ARD if you can look behind the wet bay panel, left side, you should see your water pump controller and water pump. Maybe with your phone you can take a picture of that area and post it? I'm not sure if KIB makes any difference or if those same components are used. I highly recommend a spare water pump and water pump controller (linked above) in your spare parts kit. No running water would ruin your day but if you're connected to city water it shouldn't be needed as you know.

I’m not a pro at this but it sounds like it might be your water pump controller which in our coach is located on the wall of the sanitary bay right next to the pump. Many of us have had to replace the controller.

. Amazon.com: Intellitec 0000145100 10 Amp Monoplex Water Pump Control: Automotive
Thank you. Had to look it up on Amazon to see what I was looking for. I know they moved my pump because it was interfering with sensor readings a year ago. Found the pump, but not the controller. Well, at least I have an idea what I may be looking at so that's good. Guess I'll just add that to my list of work to be done. ?

So out of curiosity, how often have people had to replace their water pump? And was it within the first 3 years of the coach's birth?

@ARD if you can look behind the wet bay panel, left side, you should see your water pump controller and water pump. Maybe with your phone you can take a picture of that area and post it? I'm not sure if KIB makes any difference or if those same components are used. I highly recommend a spare water pump and water pump controller (linked above) in your spare parts kit. No running water would ruin your day but if you're connected to city water it shouldn't be needed as you know.

If this is the pump, I can't fit my hand up in there to take a more distant picture because there are a zillion tubes and wires, but I didn't see the controller. Just gonna add this to my ongoing list. Hey @TJ&LadyDi is there a good RV Mobile person in Polson? I may head there in June.
EB05927B-3FBB-4978-B8DF-5A74A481BC0E.jpeg

If you do need a new pump you might consider having it placed on the floor of the wet bay. Even if the pump you have now is not bad some have left it in place and installed a second pump on the floor and just routed the connections to the new pump. This way you can switch connections in a few minutes if the pump goes bad.
06A932EF-5EF4-4B8D-8DA5-B4D9E8C21395.jpeg

I highly recommend a spare water pump and water pump controller (linked above) in your spare parts kit.

@Neal do you have part number for the water pump...I dont have either part. :confused:

If you do need a new pump you might consider having it placed on the floor of the wet bay. Even if the pump you have now is not bad some have left it in place and installed a second pump on the floor and just routed the connections to the new pump. This way you can switch connections in a few minutes if the pump goes bad. View attachment 1900
Wow. That is so much easier to see. Now I can see the controller. Sadly, my Sanicon Pump would be in the way.

@sheridany I am using a different brand - REMCO. Newmar uses (or used) Shurflo water pumps which I'm sure are fine but it was suggested early on by @Dutch Star Don to switch to a variable speed pump. This is my 3rd brand, the 2nd one that @Dutch Star Don recommended or I chose was a little too big for my coach in amperage and flow. The Ventana uses a 3 gpm pump so I went with the REMCO AES and highly recommend it.

Amazon.com: Remco (55-AQUAJET AES) Es Series Aquajet RV Pump: Automotive

There is also a 5 gpm pump so you really need to find out what your coach is using and get the proper gpm (gallons per minute flow rate) and ensure the power use doesn't exceed the water pump controller which is what my 2nd pump was too big for, typically 10 AMP max.

Latest resources

Back