Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I have one of those toilets that have a peddle in the front. You press it down with your foot and it opens a plug in the bottom of the toilet and it flushes. Release the peddle and the plug closes. If you use limited pressure, the water will come out of the top, just under the rim, and will fill the toilet until you release the peddle.

Problem I’m having is when I release the peddle, water continues to fill the toilet. Not fast, it’s just a trickle, but that trickle will eventually fill and overflow the toilet. So I’m thinking there must be a gasket of some kind that needs to be replaced.

Anyone had this happen? And if so, what is the fix?

TIA, Jim

Does lifting the pedal from the bottom stop the flow? If so then plunger for water shutoff needs to be adjusted. Usually it screws to adjust, similar to a recesses closet light switch.

Does lifting the pedal from the bottom stop the flow? If so then plunger for water shutoff needs to be adjusted. Usually it screws to adjust, similar to a recesses closet light switch.
It used to, but not now. But that being said, I'll try the adjusting idea. I assume I just pull the toilet and everything will be self evident?

It used to, but not now. But that being said, I'll try the adjusting idea. I assume I just pull the toilet and everything will be self evident?
That is my assumption but it has been 10 years since I had that type. I am thinking you can remove just the pedal and it should be in that assembly. Caution...may be spring loaded.

IMHO if you pull the toilet then you might as well replace the ball valve and water valve. The replacement kits are "cheap" and it's actually quite easy. The hard work is removing and replacing the toilet. Anyhoo, that way your toilet issues are behind you for a long time ? (Mine was the Thetford Aqua-Magic Plus)

Latest resources

Back