Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

user12564

RVF Newbee
We recently upgraded from a popup to a 28' 2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 248RBS. I'll be towing with a 2022 Seirra 1500 5.3 with the tow package. The trailer specs:
* Dry Weight-5,407 lbs.
* Payload Capacity-2,093 lbs.
* Hitch Weight-705 lbs.

I settled on a Weigh-safe True Tow Heavyweight with 18500lb spring arms. Since placing my order I've viewed several Youtube videos that talk about frame damage if the WDH is too ridgid for the frame.

My question is, should I change my order to the middleweight with a 8500 or 12500 rating instead.

The reason I went with the heavyweight is because this is hitch is pretty expensive and I'd like to use it on our next (bigger) trailer.

Thanks for any feedback you might have.

Mike

We recently upgraded from a popup to a 28' 2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 248RBS. I'll be towing with a 2022 Seirra 1500 5.3 with the tow package. The trailer specs:
* Dry Weight-5,407 lbs.
* Payload Capacity-2,093 lbs.
* Hitch Weight-705 lbs.

I settled on a Weigh-safe True Tow Heavyweight with 18500lb spring arms. Since placing my order I've viewed several Youtube videos that talk about frame damage if the WDH is too ridgid for the frame.

My question is, should I change my order to the middleweight with a 8500 or 12500 rating instead.

The reason I went with the heavyweight is because this is hitch is pretty expensive and I'd like to use it on our next (bigger) trailer.

Thanks for any feedback you might have.

Mike
Depending on the hitch you should be able to change the bars for what ever trailer tongue weight that you have, instead of the whole hitch

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back