Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummings
TOW/TOAD
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Hi fellow Newmar Owners! We just purchased a 2022 Newmar Dutch Star 4328 and are in the process of unloading our old Dutch Star and loading the new one. Based on the new layout, it appears we need to load all food/groceries in the slide out pantry. We previously loaded heavy items (like canned goods) in a separate compartment to ensure we didn't overload one of the pantry slides. Do any of you have feedback on how much weight these large pantry slideouts can hold? Is it safe to load them up with heavy canned goods or have you had any issues with too much weight? Thanks in advance!

I has a 2019 Dutch Star and now a London Aire, both with the HWH hydraulic full wall slides and I have never had any concerns or problems with packing up the pantry and frig.

@Halliday We have a 22 DutchStar 4369. We load a couple of the pantry slides full of canned goods. The only issue we have had is the slide pins that hold the slides into the adjustment holes on each side of the cabinet can come out if the slide drawer moves completely to one side. We had this happen once on some rough road. To remedy the situation I cut small pieces of clear plastic tubing that fit over the slide pins. The small piece of tubing on each pin keeps the slide drawer centered and in place.

We have filled ours with cans and jars, and not had an issue. We do tend to keep them on the lower shelves…just in case. The other issue is that the weight MIGHT make them slide out when on some turns…

Thank you for your replies! Sounds like good news - I was hoping Newmar's reputation for quality extended to the pantry slideouts :) Great advice re: reinforcing the pins - Thank you!!

Latest resources

Back