Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Underneath kitchen slide out. This metal bar has lost its screws or they have broken off underneath. Does anyone know if this metal plate Hass to be in that exact spot or can it be moved and reinstalled. Does something roll on it?

Attachments

• IMG_5780.jpeg
    IMG_5780.jpeg
    739.7 KB · Views: 41
The metal bar has to be in the same position as before. The sprocket wheel pins go in the holes. There is no way around it.
If the screw holes are sloppy, they must be filled and screws reinstalled. Or, you can drill new screw holes in the metal for the screws to bite in undamaged wood.
Don’t understand why Newmar does not use one long piece, instead of joining two?
Every once in a while I check mine to make sure the screws are tight.

The metal bar has to be in the same position as before. The sprocket wheel pins go in the holes. There is no way around it.
If the screw holes are sloppy, they must be filled and screws reinstalled. Or, you can drill new screw holes in the metal for the screws to bite in undamaged wood.
Don’t understand why Newmar does not use one long piece, instead of joining two?
Every once in a while I check mine to make sure the screws are tight.
Thank you. I will take it in and have them redrill. Do you remember if the screws are hex or Phillips? I’m going to start checking all of them now.

Thank you. I will take it in and have them redrill. Do you remember if the screws are hex or Phillips? I’m going to start checking all of them now.
I believe they are Phillips.

Just throwing this out there…Is it possible that the steel bar is completely detached and is moving independently rather than there being two pieces? Thus, it has half of itself hiding inside the wall? You could observe it while operating the slide to determine.

Underneath kitchen slide out. This metal bar has lost its screws or they have broken off underneath. Does anyone know if this metal plate Hass to be in that exact spot or can it be moved and reinstalled. Does something roll on it?
As you probably know, and as stated above, this is the element that the slide motor uses to move your slide in/out. There is a cog wheel on the slide motor shaft that spins causing the slide to move. I believe there are two strips of these on the slide. I'm not sure if the slide needs to be affected in any way such as raised to properly reinstall and align the cog wheel with this item. You may want to consider a RV mobile tech if available in your area or call or email Newmar service.

Just throwing this out there…Is it possible that the steel bar is completely detached and is moving independently rather than there being two pieces? Thus, it has half of itself hiding inside the wall? You could observe it while operating the slide to determine.
Yes I think that is possible. It will not allow me to pull it out. Slide is in for now and I will take it to the Newmar dealer here in LA as suggested by Newmar Indiana 🤦‍♀️

As you probably know, and as stated above, this is the element that the slide motor uses to move your slide in/out. There is a cog wheel on the slide motor shaft that spins causing the slide to move. I believe there are two strips of these on the slide. I'm not sure if the slide needs to be affected in any way such as raised to properly reinstall and align the cog wheel with this item. You may want to consider a RV mobile tech if available in your area or call or email Newmar service.
I called Newmar and they said take it to dealer. Always something! 🤦‍♀️

The ONLY thing that works all time on a RV is the owner.
The RV does not want you to get bored.
Let us know how it works out. Post a picture of the repair please.

Newmar has a two man team in Indio right now through the end of February (Rory and Perry) and they know this slide system well. Might be worth a call to see if you could get them rather than take a chance on a dealership tech being fully capable. Is the slide still aligned properly? Also which dealership did the suggest?

Lizzie Odiorne | NewServ Coordinator
Newmar (800) 731-8300 |

Latest resources

Back