• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Welcome, Newell Owners!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Nice to meet you, Pamcameron44. And they're all old the minute you drive them off the lot, so all Newell owners are in the same boat. I love to hear how much you like coach 566. One of the things that has absolutely amazed me in my search for a new coach has been the unanimous praise of Newells, regardless of the age. We can't wait to get ours, so we can join all you used Newell owners (the day we drive it out of Miami, OK).

Ed
Our new Newell (1750) is under construction! It is scheduled to be completed early March, and we'll take delivery at the factory March 8th. Not that I'm counting, but from the moment I'm typing this, that's only 4 months, 13 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes and 18 seconds! I promised to post some build pictures, and Newell sends 10-20 pictures each week during the build process; I've attached a couple of those - one from very early, and one of the latest. I've also attached a picture showing the paint and design scheme for the new coach.
That was also a fun process working with Ryann Loucks.

My best to all, Ed

1634941923253.png
1634942152544.png
1634942319394.png

I think I'm more excited that you are, Ed! ;-)
I mean, after all, I can't WAIT until you try and find my initials on your frame!! ?
But seriously, I am SO excited for you and can't wait for you to fly me out to help you take delivery. Please book my flight, before the guys at Newell put a "no-fly" restriction on me. Your's may be the last "PDI" Consultation of my very short career!

P.S. Um, ya know...your coach really deserves to be in a thread of it's own, and not just buried beneath this "Welcome" thread! I think @Neal will help us out by giving you new coach a new home.

A quick update on the construction of our new Newell, #1750. Just 2 months, 7 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes, and 48 seconds until we pick it up . . . but who's counting. We get a dozen or so pictures each week of the coach under construction, and I've attached a few of the latest.

Frankly, at the urging of CaptainGizmo, I was going to start a new thread on the process of ordering, designing, building and delivery of a new Newell, but when I sat down and started to write, I got distracted by a bottle of Mac 12 that kept calling my name over and over again . . . . and that was that. But seriously, if anyone is even considering a new Newell, please don't hesitate to contact me, and I'll write or talk until you tell me to shut up. It has been an absolutely amazing process, and we can't wait to pick it up on March 8th. Here are a few of the latest pictures of ARVY under construction.

Happy 2022 to all!

IMG_8137.JPG
IMG_8139.JPG
IMG_8151.JPG
IMG_8140.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_8137.JPG
IMG_8150.JPG

Nice! Bet you're excited!

A quick update on the construction of our new Newell, #1750. Just 2 months, 7 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes, and 48 seconds until we pick it up . . . but who's counting. We get a dozen or so pictures each week of the coach under construction, and I've attached a few of the latest.

Frankly, at the urging of CaptainGizmo, I was going to start a new thread on the process of ordering, designing, building and delivery of a new Newell, but when I sat down and started to write, I got distracted by a bottle of Mac 12 that kept calling my name over and over again . . . . and that was that. But seriously, if anyone is even considering a new Newell, please don't hesitate to contact me, and I'll write or talk until you tell me to shut up. It has been an absolutely amazing process, and we can't wait to pick it up on March 8th. Here are a few of the latest pictures of ARVY under construction.

Happy 2022 to all!

View attachment 10284View attachment 10286View attachment 10287View attachment 10289View attachment 10290View attachment 10292View attachment 10294
So awesome…oh, yeah…your coach is pretty ok too. 😜

Don’t you go giving me any credit…or blame! You got a good enough coupe posts to set out on your own thread and call it you own. Come on, you can do it, Ed. I’ll be right over to help you…with the Mac 12, not writing!

March 2022 is gonna be fun; we’re planning our whole trip around it. 😉

Well, we took delivery of our 2023 Newell from the factory in Miami, Oklahoma a month ago, and we’re finally settled in enough for me to find the time to post about it. The delivery process at the Newell factory was amazing – three, 8-hour days of instruction, questions and answers. Simply overwhelming, but a very, very fun and exciting 3 days! And the folks at Newell make a big deal of the process, from the initial “unveiling” to all the personal attention you and your coach receive. They are indeed a great group of people and really make you feel like a member of the “Newell Family”.

My brother and sister-in-law bought our 2018 London Aire from us, and they met us and took over the LA at the Newell factory, which allowed us to transfer everything from the LA right into the Newell. Since we’re full-time travelers, the LA was fully loaded with “stuff”, so it was quite a task to move it all to the new coach and find new places to put everything. (We’re still trying to remember where we put stuff!) After the delivery, we all drove 2 ½ hours to Ozark RV Resort at Table Rock Lake – a beautiful resort - where we spent a week continuing to learn all the tech, buttons and various new procedures, and also teaching my brother and sister-in-law the ins and outs of the LA. In an amazing coincidence, my brother and I were chatting with a very nice lady parked in the spot right next to us, only to discover it was @ARD, with whom I had been chatting on RV Forums‼ It's a small RV world.

From there, my brother and sister-in-law headed home to Tucson, while Cathie and I drove back to Newell for a few adjustments and a little more instruction. After a couple days, we headed east, (currently in Lake Toxaway, NC), and on with our full-time travels . . . moseying east and north to ultimately spend Sept & Oct watching the leaves change in NH, VT & ME.

The Newell is simply amazing. We’re blown away by how much bigger it is, with 4 - 30” slides, compared to the 24” & 17” slides on the LA, which results in an extra 19” of width throughout the Newell. It also has a lot more headroom inside, which I can’t figure out, because the basement bays are also taller, and the coach is only 12’5” high. (It must have something to do with their slide mechanisms). When the huge windows are added in, it feels cavernous inside, in comparison. And then of course, the technology is all state of the art, the design is beautiful, and there’s nothing they haven’t thought of. The driving experience is unreal, but my favorite part is all the cameras. When stopped or driving, I can activate 8 different cameras, 360º around the coach. For example, when I back up, I have 3 screens right in front of me that show about 120º behind me, giving me a view that’s not much different than if I was pulling forward looking out the front windows.

One final note about customer service. As you can imagine, I’ve had several issues so far, (99% of them user error), and if I needed a quick answer, all it took was a phone call, (everyone gave us their personal cell numbers)! Or if it wasn’t urgent, I’d send a text, and even when I said “this isn’t urgent – when you get a chance, I have a question” . . . I’d get an immediate response by text or phone. I sent an email to the head of customer service on Sunday afternoon, and I emphasized in the email that it wasn’t urgent, and I didn’t want to hear back from him until Monday morning! I said, “Todd – I DO NOT want to hear back from you today – I’m just writing now, so this can be on your to-do list Monday.” He called me within 2 minutes of sending the email; I scolded him, and he laughed and said: “Ed, get used to it. We’re 24/7.”

Okay, I’ve rambled and bragged more than enough, and I'm really sorry about that! We kinda like the new coach. I’ve included a couple pictures and hope to see many of you down the road.

All my best, Ed

Rear driver.JPG
Front driver.JPG
Salon-Galley.JPG

Attachments

• Pass Side.JPG
    Pass Side.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 10
Gorgeous coach! Congrats. Keep the pictures coming as you pave your new journey.

Boy is that nice. Can you show a couple pictures of the driver's cockpit area when you have a chance?

FLSteve

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back