• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Well Howdy!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It's a great coach and I'm sure once you get the problem solved you'll love it. Just needs someone to get to the bottom of the issue and all will be fine.

Welcome aboard!

Sorry to say but now I think you've figured out why it was for sale? :oops:
If the emissions system (or anything other than maintenance) had been worked in before by FL it would have been done under warranty and there would be a record of it. I checked this early on. Also all warranty work from Newmar and all recalls, including Daimler campaigns are on record - there were a few minor ones from each and I checked on this before I bought it.

So maybe if they paid to have it worked on somewhere else, but that seems unlikely since the emissions warranty is still in effect. The story at the dealership was that they traded it in on a new 45’ Entegra, but i have no way of verifying that although through a little bit of investigative effort I did get the name and contact info of the original owner. But I haven’t really felt the need to contact him.

It’s more likely that time, and either acts or omissions on my part (or both) contributed to the failure of what has proven to be a faulty, unreliable system. Contributing factors may have been driving in sub-freezing temps and buying bulk DEF, old “expired” DEF, or DEF that wasn’t stored properly. There are so many variables that can be affected by the owner because this is a fragile system, and variables that can cause mechanical or electronic failure because the engineering and manufacturing of the components are inadequate and/or substandard.

So it’s still guess work for now. I made it to the shop yesterday and I’ll find out today about this latest malady, and when I do I’ll post it in the Cummins or Freightliner forum.

Latest resources

Back