Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Well if you have to charge your EV tow vehicle, you may as well pick an ugly spot. 😊. /s

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Voyageurs

RVF Expert
Just had to point this one out. This is one of the prettiest spots we have seen for a charger. This is Field BC near the info centre. Good bathrooms, good information and you can hike along the river or do a walking tour of the old town. Most of the town is now bed and breakfasts that cater to the Lake Louise tourism. But it’s an old railroad town and has some great historic buildings.

It’s a BC hydro 50 KW charger and has a max stay of 40 minutes which is good enough for a town walk or quick river hike. Rumour has it that BC hydro has a couple more going in. Anyway, if you are travelling transcanada 1 from Golden to Banff this is a good stop.

I’m going to cross post this to my other trip post but I felt this one needed a special mention in the EV towing forum. I’ll put a few pictures of the town on the other forum.

B353A928-DA32-40E4-8AD3-8D98EF886AE8.jpeg

3E58F31B-1CAC-41F9-81E6-0E58578C475D.jpeg

Just had to point this one out. This is one of the prettiest spots we have seen for a charger. This is Field BC near the info centre. Good bathrooms, good information and you can hike along the river or do a walking tour of the old town. Most of the town is now bed and breakfasts that cater to the Lake Louise tourism. But it’s an old railroad town and has some great historic buildings.

It’s a BC hydro 50 KW charger and has a max stay of 40 minutes which is good enough for a town walk or quick river hike. Rumour has it that BC hydro has a couple more going in. Anyway, if you are travelling transcanada 1 from Golden to Banff this is a good stop.

I’m going to cross post this to my other trip post but I felt this one needed a special mention in the EV towing forum. I’ll put a few pictures of the town on the other forum.

Well, maybe not a picturesque as Voyageurs.
3120B69B-84B9-44D9-A0A1-34D8FA685CF0_1_201_a.jpeg

Canmore, Alberta

We really wanted to get a pic at Mount Robson Visitor's Center. Unfortunately Robson was socked in that day. 😭🙃

Last edited:
Are you always able to charge without having to disconnect the TT?

It seems we have to to drop the trailer about a quarter of the time. Looking at my above pic you can see I pulled up next to the end of the row of pedestals. (not the intended charging spot but there was plenty of room for others to get around so it worked fine)

99F6D92F-7028-45C9-BC81-2BFB6B7E725E_1_105_c.jpeg

Sometimes you get lucky and there is a trailer friendly pedestal and it's open. 🙂 (Forks, WA)

0921C8BF-663B-4731-9B4F-8DAFE82536A3_1_105_c.jpeg

There are times you can pull around to the back side of the pedestals so you aren't blocking any other stalls. 😯 (Limon, CO)

380AB146-CBFC-4D24-91BC-637E08328E19_1_105_c.jpeg

And, of course my least favorite, taking more than one stall. I only do this when there's lots of open pedestals and one of us is always at the car in case things get busier and we need to move out of the way. (Hays, KS)

Attachments

• 0921C8BF-663B-4731-9B4F-8DAFE82536A3_1_105_c.jpeg
    0921C8BF-663B-4731-9B4F-8DAFE82536A3_1_105_c.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
We are starting to see BC hydro add trailer stalls and trailer friendly stalls. Kinda nice.

0A5991E1-C99B-4F1B-AA4B-8D3F9E54AECC.jpeg

On our trip across Canada we didn’t have to disconnect much but there were a few times.

Maybe 4 out 5 times yes. And sometimes not. Trailer friendly stalls are getting more common but still relatively rare. Sometimes you make it up as you go. Where there is a will…😊

Kamloops? We stopped there last summer. I was sad to see the big fish had gone away. 🥺😄

Latest resources

Back