Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Well it’s been official for a couple weeks…

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rich W.

Retired Fire Chief
RVF Supporter
RV Model
Between RVs
TOW/TOAD
Toadless
Fulltimer
No
But now it’s final. They paid for the coach and Jeep almost two weeks ago and they say finally came to make the delivery. I spent two very full days going over specs and resources, doing driver training on surface streets and interstates, going over operations and specifics of all systems (not the least of which was emissions and including an abrieviated air brakes trainign), explaining care and maintenance, etc with the new owner. A sort of abbreviated FPU experience. And now this coach, that I have had so many experiences in, and have personalized, upgraded, repaired, maintained, and at time struggled with, is in the very capable hands of the new owners.

This has been an incredible learning experience, a wonderful adventure, and has led to a valued and cherished fellowship and learning on this site. I couldn’t ask for much more other than the ability to keep my coach but health issues have taken precedence and made it basically impossible to continue to enjoy this unique and special coach.

Most people probably wouldn’t understand the emotional attachment and the sense of accomplishment derived from owning a coach like this but I know a lot of you do. So here’s a couple pics of peeping the coach and the new owner putting the coach in storage while his own shop building goes up. This has been a difficult and emotional process, but it was the right decision.

Moca (Mobile Cabin) and the Towbuggy getting their final baths before turnover

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3473.jpeg

Good by to Moca - A wonderful and unique coach - one of a kind!
IMG_3475.jpeg

The new owner fortunately has an excellent skill set and is a natural on the road
IMG_3478.jpeg
Tucked away - it all fit with about 4” to spare. The jeep is loaded with spares and that’s the Newmar mudflap on the roof.
IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3443.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss Rich. As we travel this journey in this life we encounter such loss. Season's of change usually bring new adventures and experiences, so I pray you will soon find a replacement for the wonderful memories that MOCA provided. Your health (recovery) is also in my prayer for you. Blessings...

Sorry to hear of your difficulties Rich. I also will prayfor you. May God bless you and restore you to excellent health and strength.

Rich! When you asked us about selling I thought the reason was your son.

So I will ask. First do you want divine intervention? If so who would you want us to ask the help for?

No Devine intervention - I just need the time and energy to address my physical issues. And being honest with myself, I really don’t have the ability anymore to operate and care for something that big and complex. It has helped immensely that the new owners are really right for the coach, both in capabilities and resources, and my two day orientation and training went quite well.

I took the train home which gave me time alone to reflect on the whole situation and now I can focus on those things that, like it or not, take priority anyway. So I’m actually feeling better about the whole thing - it was the right thing to do and I knew that and I’m adjusting to it. Feels weird being home and seeing so few vehicle around but there is an upside to that too.

Tomorrow I’m doing final inspections on a house in town we are buying and over the next year or two I will adjust to selling our farm and becoming a townie because I can’t keep up with this place either. I’ve just had to adjust/adapt to the idea that I seem to have lost a decade or so somewhere and like it or not, I have to deal with it. Next week I have medical appointments almost every day. Fun times….

It's a bitch getting old! Believe me, at 78, I know.
My mind says 58, but my body says a whole lot more.
That's the reason I gave up boating several years ago, but got the adventure urge and bought my MH a year ago.
Luckily, I still can do most things, and what I can't, I have 3 adult sons to lean on.

Hang in there and do as best you can; no one will fault you for anything more.
(Except your mind--tell it to 'mind' it's own business!) :)

I commend you for being one in a million, dedicating the time, effort, and training that few would undertake. Even those who make a living selling these machines rarely put in this level of commitment during the sales process, let alone the after-sales support. You, sir, are truly one of a kind.

Best of luck on the challenges ahead.

May your path find you with another consuming joy!!!

I commend you for being one in a million, dedicating the time, effort, and training that few would undertake. Even those who make a living selling these machines rarely put in this level of commitment during the sales process, let alone the after-sales support. You, sir, are truly one of a kind.

Best of luck on the challenges ahead.
Thanks Jim. It’s nice to hear such kind words right now. The coach is near and dear to me after all we’ve been through together and I want the new owners to have the best experience possible. They know it won’t be trouble free and they will have to fix things occasionally and fortunately they both possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities that will make the experience as trouble free as possible.

We all lucked out when we found each other. I joked with them that it’s all about the coach and not them, but of course they know better. The driver training portion went so well (he has truck driving experience) I was dozing off in the co-pilot seat on day two and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on that side for the first time on the open road - what a treat! The best thing about all this is that while I gave up my coach, I gained some new friends. And I told them they have a year’s free subscription to Dick’s 24/7 RV TechTalk. So the saga continues.

PS: I’ve been “called one of a kind” before but rarely in such a positive light ;^]

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back