Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
PPL in SW Houston usually has a large inventory, and we like to do research there - yesterday was gorgeous weather, and we drove up there to check out some DPs that had some interesting mods.
WELL... by the time we got there, both were sold (neither were great rigs) and the lot was mostly empty of diesels, except for some junkers. They usually have scads of RVs, especially DPs....at least a hundred or so. We saw about 25 on the lot (DPs - we didn’t look at other types). I’d been watching the website since last fall - I’d seen the inventory dropping.
Covid-19 .... they said people were buying up rvs - just wanting to escape Covid. Ehhhh ok.
After the elections, and these people find out how much $$$ and work and inconvenience is involved... will there be a flood of used DPs and other Rvs on the market? Hope so. We’re looking to buy another rig next year, possibly late summer, or fall.

I’m no Nostradamus, but I don’t see conditions abating until people feel safe doing things such as flying, cruising, and staying in hotels. That is going to take some time. Probably years.

It’s not just used sales that are affected either. I’m looking at a seven month lead time on my Dutch Star order.

I agree with Neemer. The economy is good, at least my sector is. People are buying big ticket items like CRAZY!!! Try to buy a hot tub right now. You can't!! No RV's to be found either. I've already sold all my 2020 Ram trucks and have sold all the 2021's I had ordered as well. It's been incredible!!

They actually called me and wanted to buy my coach. 2019 Bershire XLT 45B. I told them I just bought it a year ago and wasn't looking to sell. They admitted they were cold calling. I guess they need units.

I just listed a beautiful 1 owner American Tradition 40ft Diesel. If interested [email protected].

Last edited:
I checked various websites, and now (probably due to season), there’s more coaches for sale, Some pretty good deals actually. Still not seeing what we want, but we’re not ready to buy anyhow.

What may turn the tide is the price of gas. I hope I'm wrong but I see a return to $3 a gallon or more for Regular in the next 2 years if not sooner. Prices are already up .40 a gallon locally since the election.

What may turn the tide is the price of gas. I hope I'm wrong but I see a return to $3 a gallon or more for Regular in the next 2 years if not sooner. Prices are already up .40 a gallon locally since the election.
Pappy you are correct! Gas & Diesel prices are rising as we speak and unfortunately that is our Government’s intentions!
I would sell my MH back to the dealer in a heartbeat but only if they paid the note in full!! It would allow us to upgrade to a more spacious unit!

Well @Pappy1949 I started my solar journey the last time gas jumped to I think it was $3.50 and promising to jump over $4.00 to $5.00. hec I think that was about the time of the housing bubble and RV manufacturers were dropping like flies. This time it is different, It will be much worse.

Diesel is already at pre-pandemic highs if not higher along my recent travels. To be expected as we all know.

Latest resources

Back