Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
At Casey's Riverside RV Park in Westfir, OR. This is a very remote area so this is impressive. It's Monday so the CG is around 30% occupancy vs. this past weekend around 90%. The real piece of information that I think has been a significant improvement for me lately was using the paddle antennas for WiFi leaving the connections to the roof antenna for cellular. I think I was losing signal strength on the WiFi antenna roof mounted. This became evident the other day when I was on a phone call using WiFi calling due to minimal AT&T coverage here and as I left my desk (jack knife sofa area) towards the refrigerator the voice call would go silent. This immediately revealed to me a WiFi signal strength issue. As a result I'm seeing much better speeds in my coach. So in summary, didn't change the Cellular antenna source but instead changed to a stronger WiFi broadcast for inside the coach.

98/45 on Verizon prepaid - not bad at all!
Pepwave MAX TRANSIT CAT 18 with a Pepwave 4x4 MIMO cellular on the roof, paddle antennas for WiFi inside.

speed-test-westfir-or.png

I realized pretty quickly the wifi on the Peplink is crappy-regardless of power settings etc. I didn't bother trying the paddles. I got a cheap mesh wifi off Amazon (Tenda) and it fixed many of my performance problems. My office is is the bedroom so it was a big issue. WIth the mesh the wifi coverage for a long distance around the coach is amazing.

I figure the price is so good 'cause they're inspecting the packets and shipping the interesting stuff off to the Ministry of State Security LOLOL.

I realized pretty quickly the wifi on the Peplink is crappy-regardless of power settings etc. I didn't bother trying the paddles. I got a cheap mesh wifi off Amazon (Tenda) and it fixed many of my performance problems. My office is is the bedroom so it was a big issue. WIth the mesh the wifi coverage for a long distance around the coach is amazing.

I figure the price is so good 'cause they're inspecting the packets and shipping the interesting stuff off to the Ministry of State Security LOLOL.
I used to run Netgear ORBI in the coach, before that I used a Netgear R9000. My experience is the opposite, I think the Pepwave WiFi is very good and running additional WiFi systems really complicated my networking setup. You can also set the boost level in the AP > Settings area. I use my Android phone as on Android you can get apps that show you WiFi signal strength to compare paddles to the roof antenna.

ap-power.png

Latest resources

Back