Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TCummings2970RL

RVF Newbee
Hi, I’ve owned my 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2970 RL for almost a year now.
I went to make my bed, lifted up the mattress and discovered the wood and the mattress is really wet. I have read that this has been a problem in the past, but what is the solution? This could cause mold and serious health concerns. Any suggestions?

Tammy

Attachments

• A866B003-AEB5-45A3-9073-8C7A630079AE.jpeg
    A866B003-AEB5-45A3-9073-8C7A630079AE.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 21
Should be a warranty issue. Those things can be far more extensive than they appear and a one year old trailer, especially a high end one, shouldn’t have this problem.

My brothers leaked also. Grand design is rated higher but suffer some of the same problems of other makes. The problem is get it out the door and get it sold.....fix the problems later....or not.

I view they are all made using the same crap and using the same assembly methods. There is the glitz and glamor aspect that impacts the price. Otherwise, regardless of whether it, is $15K or 250K unit, it is about the same construction. The only thing different is bragging rights by the one making the monthly payments. Otherwise, out the door and sell it. Let the dealer deal with it and the customer.

I've dealt with new and used boats over the years. Same issues under different names. Seems that is the way life and business go these days. The man with the money wins.

Bob

I view they are all made using the same crap and using the same assembly methods. There is the glitz and glamor aspect that impacts the price. Otherwise, regardless of whether it, is $15K or 250K unit, it is about the same construction. The only thing different is bragging rights by the one making the monthly payments. Otherwise, out the door and sell it. Let the dealer deal with it and the customer.

I've dealt with new and used boats over the years. Same issues under different names. Seems that is the way life and business go these days. The man with the money wins.

Bob
I’m watching for a true high quality towable and ideally under 30’ with a couple slides and construction that meets the standards of my Class A. I’ll go to some shows and see if there is something available that I don’t know about, but so far it seems to be in the unicorn catagory.

Let us know when you find something that meets your expectations.

Bob

I understand the angst over this problem...but, where is the dampness (water) coming from. Condensation ? Leak in the roof ? Other ? Just curious...blessings

Let us know when you find something that meets your expectations.

Bob
It may be a while. I can envision it, it would probably sell well, but I don’t think it exists. Something along Airstream quality but with a fiberglass skin, a couple slides, and no wood used in construction.

To me if the water cannot be traced, well, that’s the real mystery. Have you traced it to a entry source or is it just magically in that one spot?

It may be a while. I can envision it, it would probably sell well, but I don’t think it exists. Something along Airstream quality but with a fiberglass skin, a couple slides, and no wood used in construction.
Not quite as elegant as running it through an opened window…

I like the slide seal idea - never thought of that one.

Latest resources

Back