Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What are your 2020 Travel Desires?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
What are your travel desires for 2020?

My plans are to spend some time exploring Colorado as a potential future S&B anchor location, then go to Glacier and Polson. As I did such as long winter trip this year my travels in 2020 will be much less. My typically east coast beach run, western VA mountains run, then long 2-3 month'er out west and that's all that's planned for now.

One of our special travel plans for 2020 is attending Jaialdi - the weeklong Basque festival - in Boise, Idaho. It only happens every five years and draws Basques from around the world. My heritage is Basque and mingling with thousands of other Basques for a week is very special. We'll meet friends there from the Basque provinces in Spain and France along with others from throughout the US. Curious about Basques? Basques - Wikipedia

Another 2020 travel activity we are looking forward to is spending time at our place in Polson, Montana, and having a chance to visit with RVF friends that will be dropping by; @Neal, @NWIP and @FLSteve among them. Others?

TJ

We leave Jan 6 for New Zealand & Australia (hopefully no longer exploding & burning). Back on the 30th, just in time to pack up the Jeep Gladiator to pick up our new coach on February 17th. We’ll spend some time in Chicago touring Frank Lloyd Wright houses (I designed my own home 20 years ago ala FLW Prairie Style). Visit a friend in central Illinois, then home. Attending the Cajun RV rally in south Louisiana April 1-8, then leave on the 18th for the SF Bay Area. I gifted my wife a class at Bullseye Glass studios for Christmas. I’m hopeful they’ll let us boondock in their parking lot for the 4 day class, as the closest RV park seems to be in Napa, 45 minutes away. We‘ll continue north from there to visit SIL in Vancouver, WA.

Another 2020 travel activity we are looking forward to is spending time at our place in Polson, Montana, and having a chance to visit with RVF friends that will be dropping by; @Neal, @NWIP and @FLSteve among them. Others?

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi … we will be staying at Polson Sept 2-6 in 2020. Will be up at East and West Glacier KOA's just prior to that.

FLSteve

Summer plans are staying out west visiting Yellowstone, , Polson, Calgary Stampede (NKK), Glacier, Cody and International Rally in Rock Springs. Then start heading east to Green Bay (Family), Nappanee before heading south towards SC, GA and Florida for next winter stay. Think it’s warmer in Florida vs AZ.

This year is the 400th anniversary of the the Pilgrim landing in Plymouth. We’ll be heading there for a while. We have friends who have a summer home in an insane location there with water on two sides. Also looking to go into Canada, Niagara, Nappannee, and probably Charlotte MI to spend time at Camp Spartan. Then plan next winter’s escapades. Will also throw in our spring and fall trips to the OBX.

My wife is retiring March or April of 2020 and we hope to head to Minneapolis to see her sisters around the beginning of May. On the way up we're going to stop at HWH in Iowa to get the jacks rebuilt (they say 4 hours). Then we're thinking of heading east to Maine - I'd like to visit the far eastern portion again - Lubeck, Eastport, and Calais. Nice peaceful area. Then head south back toward FL stopping at a lot of cool places on the way. A couple of months trip.

Glad to see that you will be putting that classic '97 London Aire to good use, Rick. It is a beauty! Your coach stole the show in the Newmar service facility when we were there in June.

TJ

Thanks Jim. She draws looks everywhere we go, especially at the Service Center in Nappanee. Dennis (tech) spent the first half of day1 explaining to all the other techs that stopped by with the same questions about her. She was in the Service Center so long (7 weeks) that it became a talking point for the morning tours ;-) .
The week after next we'll be at the Tampa RV Supershow where we'll be among 200 other Newmars (NKK Rally). Last year there was a '95ish Kountry Star there, otherwise she is usually the oldest.

Latest resources

Back