Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What are your 2020 Travel Desires?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
2020 will find us on Maui in February for our annual visit (Probably leave the Rv at home). In March we are headed to Southern California and then on to Tucson for the FMCA rally. From there to Las Cruces NM And slowly back to the SF Bay Area. Spring trip to the Giant Sequoias, Kings Canyon. August hopefully will find us in Montana at Flathead Lake, Idaho, Port Townsend Washington and down the coast to the Bay Area. Looks like an exciting year.

The week after next we'll be at the Tampa RV Supershow where we'll be among 200 other Newmars (NKK Rally). Last year there was a '95ish Kountry Star there, otherwise she is usually the oldest.

Rick, Hopefully we will get to meet while at the Tampa Rally, as this will be our first "real trip" with our new coach!

Allan

Alan, are you a member of the Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK) and signed up for the rally? If so, I'll be easy to find - the last 3 years I have been on the row parallel to the road coming into the fairgrounds and somehow I had the same exact spot 2 of the 3 years. Anyway, look forward to meeting you and anyone else from here. There is usually a get together hosted by "The Hoots" on Friday afternoon on the back row under the trees and everyone is invited. I haven't heard much about it on the other site - wonder of they are going to Quartzsite this year????
front curb corner_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, joined NKK as soon as we bought the Mountain Aire, 2nd year member now.
Will arrive around 10:00am on the 14th.
Our first Tampa show!
Look forward to seeing you.

Allan

I see on the other site that the Hoots are having their gathering again, 3-6PM Friday 1/17.

we are planning a trip to mount- rushmore when is a good time of the year? and what is there to do there? we have a 28ft thor freedom elite class c with two small dogs both of us are veterans and retired we now live in port st lucie florida. any ideas on other places to see on the way there or coming back another way like las vegas oh boy sounds like a lot of gas

I did a passport america caravan that ended up at Mt. Rushmore. It is a bucket list must see for all. We were there around end of September early October, little chilly but pretty. There is a lot to see in that area from bad lands and south through Utah, yellow stone, etc. depending on how long of a journey you want to make it. There are quite a few travel companies such as RV Fantasy Tours, etc. that do trips to/from there you could see more along with others if interested.

One of our special travel plans for 2020 is attending Jaialdi - the weeklong Basque festival - in Boise, Idaho. It only happens every five years and draws Basques from around the world. My heritage is Basque and mingling with thousands of other Basques for a week is very special. We'll meet friends there from the Basque provinces in Spain and France along with others from throughout the US. Curious about Basques? Basques - Wikipedia

Another 2020 travel activity we are looking forward to is spending time at our place in Polson, Montana, and having a chance to visit with RVF friends that will be dropping by; @Neal, @NWIP and @FLSteve among them. Others?

TJ

WOW! That's awesome! We have a huge Basque community here where I live! My profile doesn't say, but I live in Gardnerville, NV. :)

We are planning our longest RV/travel trailer trip yet (which is still only 9 days lol). I'm sure I missed some places my husband wants to see when I highlighted this map for y'all, but you'll get summer trip 2020.JPGan idea of where we want to go. :)

Latest resources

Back