Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What are your travel plans/desires for 2020?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer we where in Interlaken Switzerland. We drove to Salzburg Austria, taking the scenic route. We came across a few RV parks, and yes, they where crammed.

Some of the national parks had nice scenic sites but appeared to be for boon docking only.

I don't mind boon docking, as the weather is generally very nice. The problem i have is figuring out the logistics of reservations, rentals, etc.

Once I figure this out, I will start a thread. Then after the trip, I will update it. Should be fun reading...the before expectations vs the after reality.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

A couple of suggestions. The Viking Ship Museum in Oslo is superb. We were on a Viking Ocean Cruise that left from Bergen. We took the train from Oslo to Bergen, the Bergensbanen. It is widely known as one on the most beautiful train journeys in the world, and it did not disappoint. Also, many of the towns on the west coast of Norway are inaccessible by road, only the sea. You might investigate Hurtigruten. www.hurtigruten.com They are a cruise line, but also carry freight & Norwegian folks just like a train or bus.

BTW, we were on the Viking Sky cruise ship that had to be rescued from the Norwegian Sea in a vicious storm...oh, what a story!

You might investigate Hurtigruten. www.hurtigruten.com They are a cruise line, but also carry freight & Norwegian folks just like a train or bus.
That is one of several cruise options I am looking at. I like the on /off ability and freedom to create an itenary on the fly.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Last edited:
In my opinion having done quite a bit of International travels aka Air Force a lot of the culture is in the towns and hotels. I personally would want to experience the culture vs. RVing. Have to weigh the options but that's my $.02 on taking in the culture by being with the people and economy (hotels, restaurants, etc.).

I'll be all over the place in 2020, but the BIG trip is a 61 day Maritime Tour in the summer with Fantasy RV Tours. Canada...here I come. And since I'll be on the East coast, I'll spend time in Bar Harbor so I can eat all the lobster and blueberries. ?

Chances are good we will go to the Northeast, VT and Lake Placid in NY. Probably in the late Spring.
We plan to to the NKK rally in Wyoming in August. Depending on time available we would like to extend that trip down to Northern AZ and points between.

I'll be all over the place in 2020, but the BIG trip is a 61 day Maritime Tour in the summer with Fantasy RV Tours. Canada...here I come. And since I'll be on the East coast, I'll spend time in Bar Harbor so I can eat all the lobster and blueberries. ?
Lobster. Blueberries. Two of my favorite food groups. I have an amazing blueberry pie recipe that is dead simple. Now that you have the Advantium, you can actually bake it in your coach! PM me if you want it...

Reactions: ARD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back