Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is it that makes you happy RVing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
At one time in my life, at a high level in the corporate world, I was away from home in hotels and on airplanes more times than I care to think about. I was accountable to investers and regulators, responsible for employees and the bottom line. Even when on a family vacation, I was still attached to the business. Terribly unfair to my wife and child. Today, I am accountable and responsible to no one other than my wife and myself.

In our 4 slide, 38 ft self contained motorhome parked at some remote location, I can be completely unconnected to the outside world...... it's just so peaceful and relaxing. The only major decisions these days are IPA or Melbac and what to cook over the open fire.

No break downs. All systems work like the equipment should.

Oh all right. Only two thumbs up on a safe trip? Here are some material things that make us happy

I like my onboard reverse osmosis water. Currently only 17 PPM Parts Per Million of total dissolved solids. Ice cubes are Reverse Osmosis also. Camp water is coming out of the camp hydrant at about 260 PPM of total dissolved solids.

Certainly like my heated floor. My radiant heat floor has 275 foot of copper tubing in the floor. The ethylene glycol is circulated by 12 volt wet rotor pumps. The pumps have 1 amp fuses, so current draw is minimal. On top of the radiant heated floor is Philadelphia commercial flooring. White carpet had to go along with the cold ceramic tile.

I probably work on the Barth as much as camping with it.

Last edited:
Oh all right. Only two thumbs up on a safe trip? Here are some material things that make us happy

I like my onboard reverse osmosis water. Currently only 17 PPM Parts Per Million. Ice cubes are Reverse Osmosis also. Camp water is coming out of the camp hydrant at about 260 PPM.

Certainly like my heated floor. My radiant heat floor has 275 foot of copper tubing in the floor. The ethylene glycol is circulated by 12 volt wet rotor pumps. The pumps have 1 amp fuses, so current draw is minimal. On top of the radiant heated floor is Philadelphia commercial flooring. White carpet had to go along with the cold ceramic tile.

17 ppm of what?

Total dissolved solids. Sorry Rosy, I will edit my post to be more specific.

Post edited.

Neil, should I delete this post?

Last edited:
What we love most about RVing: It's the people we meet and the friends we make. Of course, we love the adventures, the places we see, the things we do, the food we experience, and the journeys we make. And, the occasional t-shirt. We entered into the RV world expecting to be enthralled with fancy campgrounds and beautiful sights - and we have had those. But, the bottom line about living this lifestyle is that we have met many nice people and made an awesome group of life-long friends...and that's as good as it gets!
6967BBD6-80A0-4381-93AE-FCFD718D1DDB.jpeg

I like my onboard reverse osmosis water. Currently only 17 PPM Parts Per Million of total dissolved solids. Ice cubes are Reverse Osmosis also. Camp water is coming out of the camp hydrant at about 260 PPM of total dissolved solids.

I bet you do but it sounds like its worth it. Like boats, there is nothing – absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in RVs.
(yes, adapted from Kenneth Grahame)

Ohhhh the radiant heated floors sound wonderful ! I hate coming back to Canada early in the spring when it is still cold! :) I don't care how warm the air temp is inside. If my feet are cold then I am feeling cold!

Darrell

Latest resources

Back