• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What is wrong with today's youth?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Unfortunately there isn't a generation that is free from poor behavioral choices.

Setting a solid institution of rules and consequences to behaviors doesn't hurt though. One great example I've noticed is most rv parks and campgrounds will post the rules to pick up after your pet. It seems common courtesy but even with signs it's not always a thing. I stayed at one park that went the extra mile, they charged $50 for every time you failed to clean up after your pet. But even at $50/poop some people would rather pay then pick up. Go figure.

Rude and obnoxious often times is based on personal perspective.

Much of the younger generation is starting to wear on my patience. I know it’s not everyone, but certain ethnic divisions of our society act like pure trash. Not only do they not grasp certain aspects of common decency, but they also lack respect for others as well as having no concept of moral right and wrong.

We had to take a trip to Pensacola to bury Trish’s Aunt, a very nice lady who spent the last 10 years suffering from dementia and wasting away in an assisted living facility whose primary directive is to keep people alive while they blead every last dollar they can from their savings or from their insurance company.

We travel with two German Shepherds and would normally take our motor home on a trip like this. But with Spring Break upon us and -0- places to reserve space, we had to stay in a motel instead. On my dog walk duties this morning, I was picking Rex’s contribution to the earths fertilization effort and a young man (mid to late 20’s) and his girl friend started to laugh at me. She said (in a low but clearly auditable voice) eww, he’s picking up that dog’s sh*t. And he said, “I wonder if he’s going to take it home for breakfast?” And they both laughed and made a few more remarks.

As I finished picking up after my dog, I glanced down at the area where I was standing and there was a dirty diaper laying in the parking lot. So, here’s the picture. I am being ridiculed for picking up after my dog while the other people are throwing their human waste out on the street.

It did not sit well with me, but there is not much I could do to educate these asshats as their education should have started at home, and that has clearly failed.

What a way to start the day.
This is exactly why I'm trying to transition to RV life and get away from society. I have zero tolerance for stupid and would be in jail for assaulting them with dog turds lmao.

Reminds me of a story I read the other day about Deathcap Mushrooms, the article really painted the picture this journalist experienced, but I couldn't help but feel bad for society when the author stated there was a used sryinge on the ground near the mushrooms that they were warning everyone about... Good Article none the less.

Latest resources

Back