Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is your favorite recreational activity away from the camp site while RVing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
When you go camping and you're going to leave your camp site for some type of activity such as recreation or sport what is your favorite thing, or top X thing to do? Such as fishing, archery, hunting, shooting, hiking, kayaking, boating, hiking, tent camping on a hike, etc. etc.?

Saltwater fishing would be my number 1. Hanging out in a tiki bar and eating good seafood would be 2. I should probably just go ahead and move to Key West.

Exploring the area, eating out, shooting skeet, fishing; did I mention eating out! :ROFLMAO:

Sadly, eating out is a bit dicey right now during the pandemic.

TJ

Anything that puts me outdoors...hiking, boating, pickleball, visiting forts, rafting, kayaking, going to Farmers Markets, horseback riding, bicycling (though I haven't been doing much of that). I can stare at wildlife all day long. Ohhhh and chilling with a glass of Prosecco (if it's hot outside) or tequila or red wine (if it's chilly outside) with a good book and a fire going. Happiness.

Depends on what we drag along with us.
Exploring and running trails in the Jeep, cleaning up garbage and gathering firewood on the way back.
Boating, pulling the grandkids around on the tube, or fishing.

Anything that puts me outdoors...hiking, boating, pickleball, visiting forts, rafting, kayaking, going to Farmers Markets, horseback riding, bicycling (though I haven't been doing much of that). I can stare at wildlife all day long. Ohhhh and chilling with a glass of Prosecco (if it's hot outside) or tequila or red wine (if it's chilly outside) with a good book and a fire going. Happiness.
What she said, except I’m more of a whiskey man most days and if it’s cold out, I switch to spiced wine and a bratwurst. Always remind me of the Christmas markets in Germany that I grew so fond of.

Biking, walking, seeing local attractions, attending church, and of course sampling - no, eating local food.

kayaking is my number one go to...I always book a campsite near a river or lake.
Hiking is my 2nd choice as I often take my dogs hiking with me but I also take my dogs kayaking/canoeing with me.
Excuse my facial expression of not smiling as I have Bells Palsy and I always look like I'm frowning but I am indeed grinning on the inside!

Attachments

• IMG_0065 (1).JPG
    IMG_0065 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
Since we haul a motorcycle with us we love to explore the area on two wheels. Currently looking for a Kayak to add to the adventure when its warm outside.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back