Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What is your favorite RV campground finder site or app?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
What is your primary go-to for finding campgrounds for RV travel? What are your alternates behind your #1 choice?

My main go to is:

I've been trying RV Trip Wizard - RV Trip Planner & RV Safe Routes but it seems to be focused around trip planning and routes vs. just searching for campgrounds.

Campendium and RVParky are two I use.

I start out using Good Sams trip planner that way I can find GS and private campgrounds. Once I locate something I'm interested in I use RV park reviews, Big Rigs Guide and a few other sites. Once I'm kinda set on a route I switch to RV trio wizard. I know it duplicated work but just the way I plan trips.

Campground Reviews, Big Rig Guide

For anyone that's not familiar here is the Big Rig guide/site @J&JD mentioned above. It is good too, I didn't renew and just use the hard copy but I maintained it for a year or two:

I use google earth pro to lay out 300 mile legs and then turn on the layer that shows the Thousand Trails .kmz add-on and also the Passport America .kmz layer. I also use the Diners, Drive ins and Dives .kmz file to see if there are any restaurants that he's reviewed in the area. I check CG reviews using RVParky.

I also use the Diners, Drive ins and Dives .kmz file to see if there are any restaurants that he's reviewed in the area.

You too? I'm a DDD stalker :) I want to RV travel just to go to those locations and pig out!

Big Rigs, Best Bets RV Park Guide (same one @J&JD) and RV Trip Wizard. I prefer their book over their online guide.

RV Trip Wizard for the rough draft. Then Campendium, Big Rigs, Allstays + anywhere else I can find (used to use TurboPilots Class A Map a lot) to supplement what is in RVTW. All the stops are ultimately put in RVTW...I like their print outs and export capabilities to excel. RVTW's routes aren't always adequate...after checking other sources, I sometimes have to enter cities with no overnight just to get them in the final route. Attached is the final map from our trip last year.

Attachments

• TripMap.jpg
    TripMap.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 20
You’re asking what we use for FINDING CAMPGROUNDS, not for Nav or else, so here ya go:

RVTW for overall planning which links to CampgroundReviews. The RVLIFE app works very well, in conjunction with RVTW, although leaves me wanting when it comes to the Nav capabilities.

Allstays continues to be exhaustive, but I hate their interface and website.

I’m not using Good Sam much anymore since finding how much the GROSSLY SKEW their ratings!!!

There are others I’ve used and played with, but am now finding that virtually everything needed, can be found through the RVTW/CampgroundReviews combo.

P.S. Of course, there ARE speciality places, such as HarvestHosts which do not fall into the above category or question.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back