Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What is your favorite RV campground finder site or app?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
RV Trip Wizard to get layout of trip, then Allstays (need to look at big rigs). After we think we know what campground to stay at, DW checks Trip Advisor. Just replanting our cross country trip. I like the feature that lets you see rings (I set mine to 200mi 300mi and 400mi) so I can see what campgrounds are x miles from last one. Pops up nice things like Walmart, while it tracks fuel usage. When done, put on SD card, plug into Xite to import.

For those that use AllStays, keep it simple by just bookmarking this link:

https://www.allstays.com/pro/camp-dashboard/?

Allstays is mentioned several times here. I've only used the free version. For those using the Pro version, is it worth $32 / year?

Well, I’ve bought the Allstays apps, so I’m a bit reluctant to pay for the Pro subscription for the web version since the apps do very well.

When trip planning and looking for campgrounds and locations to stay I start with RVParky. I find what information I need on their site 90% of the time. If I don't then I may consult either Passport America, Boondocking, FreeRoam, RVOvernight, RVParkReviews, or KOA.

My next step is picking preferred routing. I double check those routes by looking in my Trucker's Atlas. I also check satellite views of the parks I'm going to and the local roads I'll be using to get there. I make a note of what our exact routing will be. I generally enter the daily destination into both of our GPS units but we still go by my predetermined route.

Campgroundreviews.com first, then Good Sam. The map in campground reviews is invaluable to me. I was sorry to see Good Sam drop it.

Latest resources

Back