Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is your favorite RV/Campground Log?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jmltech

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
24V Navion
RV Length
Engine
Mercedes Benz
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
When we purchased our first RV (2006 Winnie Minnie class C) I created an excel spreadsheet that kept track of mileage and road trips, campground info and maintenance records. What I liked about it was that it was my own creation, with exactly what I wanted to track. What I didn’t like was that I was always “catching up”, because I never had my laptop on at the right moment to make new entries. Now that we will be using our class A more (retiring soon and traveling more), I’ve been looking to start a new log of our travels and adventures. Since my phone (apple) or iPad is always within arms reach, been trying to find something that is easy but works. And that my wife and I can share the logging duties.

For road trip mileage and maintenance records, I’ve been using Road Trip HD. I have used this for a while now for our autos, and it seems to work very well for the RV.

For keeping track of campgrounds with info about campgrounds visited, sites stayed at, pictures, and other campground info, the closest software that I have seen is RV Companion. I have been playing with the ‘lite’ version with fake data to test it out. Seems to be pretty good, but not quite ready to make the upgrade to the paid version.

Any other suggestions? Let’s discuss favorite logging software, with likes and dislikes.

Joe

No one using a log or software program to keep track of road trips, campgrounds, favorite sites?

as mentioned, I’ve been playing with RV Companion. It seems like a lot of effort to record a few details about a campground or a favorite site within the campground. I do like that you can enter plenty of details, and can include pictures of each site. Haven’t tested the “road trip” section yet.
We took a weekend trip to Heritage Cove Resort in Saxton, PA. Will be posting our RVForum cards on the camp bulletin board tomorrow :giggle:

Latest resources

Back