Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
Mainly we need to clean the windshields and for example, replace lights up high. It would be nice to be able to reach the roof. There is that built-in ladder on the back that we have reinforced for safety, but a standalone would be nice.
Bob saw a guy using one that folded, like a V. We have to be able to store it in the pass-through.
What do you all recommend for a ladder to give access to the sides, maybe the roof occasionally, inspect the slide tops, clean the front windshield, etc.

Telesteps. Store on top of my GEN.

https://www.amazon.com/Telesteps-1800EP-Compliant-Professional-Extension/dp/B003KGBIKC/?tag=rvf01-20

telesteps.png

Very stable. I tried using a "stick ladder" prior to this, jumped off of it several times. Telesteps, while expensive, are high quality and sturdy.

yes, we see a lot of those on Amazon. Are they stable? It’s not gonna collapse on him, is it? (185 lbs …6’3”)
I use this ladder and I'm 6'2", 220 lbs and it hasn't failed me yet.

I carry the telescoping ladder and store it with the generator as most do, but I also carry this ladder and store it in the basement. For things like washing the windshield, it's much easier to get in and out. It's very light and folds down to 3.5 x 3.5 inches and is 5 feet long.

yes, we see a lot of those on Amazon. Are they stable? It’s not gonna collapse on him, is it? (185 lbs …6’3”)
That is about where I am. look at rating on ladder before you buy. Use mine on coach and at SnB.

I have the telescoping ladder like Neal on top of my generator like Neal. I bought a convertible ladder like Swipular has that I bought at Harbor Freight that stays in the shop for now. I can be a four foot A frame, a seven foot A frame, or a fifteen foot straight ladder. In it's stowed position it is about five tall 5-6" thick, weighs about thirty pounds. It was about $130

I have the telescoping ladder like Neal on top of my generator like Neal. I bought a convertible ladder like Swipular has that I bought at Harbor Freight that stays in the shop for now. I can be a four foot A frame, a seven foot A frame, or a fifteen foot straight ladder. In it's stowed position it is about five tall 5-6" thick, weighs about thirty pounds. It was about $130
do you have a picture of that store on top of the generator? Will have to take a lot look at our area when it’s light out.

Latest resources

Back