Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Things That Surprised You (Good & Bad), After You Started RV'ing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
No, I got your point. Thing is though, those two aircraft were designed for entirely different purposes.
The two units I listed are designed to do basically the same things, though granted at very different levels and in different manners.

For some reason I expected to have less issues with a 10X more expensive unit.
I'm surprised that this has not been the case.

Just like a motorhome and a trailer are designed to do the same thing, just at very different levels.
I'm done.

I've never found it wise to try and make someone you don't know look stupid.
Make sure and take your ball with you.

How poorly made they are, and how much more I enjoyed traveling in the slow lane.

Those were the two biggest surprises. Then I discovered how worthless a dinette is for eating dinner --much less watching TV or sleeping. And then I realized that no matter how small you go, you still have to drag something behind. So after wasting a couple thousand on electric bicycles, I went on to discover how truly awful a supposedly "Smart" car is.

Then I retired to Florida and discovered it costs thousands per year to store your RV, when you can't keep it in your own barn. So I sold it... and discovered how much I missed not sleeping in someone else's bed while traveling.

The one thing I never learned is how to enjoy camping with a rolling motel room. I still prefer to do that with a backpack and a tent.

Latest resources

Back