• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What safety stuff do you carry?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
There is always plenty of food and water on board because we rarely eat out. My wife is a retired nurse, so we have a lot of first aid supplies too. I have a lot of tools and spare parts. I am a fairly competent mechanic and can do most things that are possible on the side of the road. We each have a cell phone, but wouldn't want depend on them. Even though they work most places, they don't work everywhere. Joe mentioned a CB. There was one in the motor home when I bought it. I took it out to make room for other equipment. Perhaps I should have kept it. I am always armed. Hopefully I won't ever need my weapon again, but it is always there......just in case.

I have a phone that doesn't even dial. It's red. I pick it up. @Chuggs answers. Expensive, @Chuggs is not cheap! Now you know why there is no Essex. I have @Chuggs!

Does anyone use "traffic cones" to designate an area around the RV? I've been considering putting out traffic cones around the doorside of the RV at fuel stops and some open area camp grounds to keep traffic away from this side of the RV. We feel especially exposed to traffic in parking lots and fuel stops. A couple of cones would hopefully warn drivers of potential human traffic.

Something like these
1578668192531.png

Yes, I carry four in my forward left electrical bay, they don't collapse so I just stack them. I use two of them typically when parked in front of my house on the road. That's the only place I've used them so far but if I was stuck on the side of the road they would be used.

I picked up a set of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075K4BHC9/?tag=rvf01-20 and really like them.

Also, I picked up these cones that collapse for storage Amazon.com: Cartman Collapsible Traffic Cone 15,5 Inches, Multi Purpose Pop up Reflective Safety Cone (4PK): Home Improvement

I have set of triangles that I have for years and set standup LED flares. I need to get a vest and on the list. Several First Alert Fire Extinguisher.

I carry an S&W Governor loaded with personnel protection 410 shotgun shells that contain three 30 Cal disk and 12 Steel shot. At 40 feet the disk pattern in a 4 to a 5-inch triangle and the shot in about 3-foot area.

Last edited:
The link to the collapsible cones seems to go to the road flares as well. I would like to see the cones if you could edit the link.

TJ

Latest resources

Back