Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What size is the bolt that holds fan blade on Coleman Mach 15 AC blower motor?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TXbound

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Adventurer
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy P30
Engine
454 Vortac
Fulltimer
Yes
I'm replacing the.blower motor on the AC, I've watched a couple videos on YouTube but they don't say what size wrench to us to remove the fan blade e one said you need a 5/30 I have a 5/32 but it looks.more like a Torx to.me, I just want to get the darned thing.off anyone know what I need to loosen it? Thanks

Im not trying to be a smart a** with this quest but If you have to get it off why not just get up there and pull the cover off to find out?
Ah come on! Why not take a small tool pouch up and get it off on the first run??

Im not trying to be a smart a** with this quest but If you have to get it off why not just get up there and pull the cover off to find out?
No worries, I've already got the cover off. I'm all set to.replace the motor with a new one but I can't budge that one screw. If I can't take the fan blade off I can't race the motor, I may have no choice but to extract it and replace it with a.machine screw, if I can't figure out which is the suitable tool.to remove it with.

Ah come on! Why not take a small tool pouch up and get it off on the first run??
I've tried various Allen hex wrenches and sockets no go, might be stripped might need to extract..

I’m not positive but the threads my be left hand
So. they are left hand hex screws not torx? Thing is in the video here , at 1:30 it's really hard to tell so I slowed it down to 1/2 speed so I can see and it appears he's turning the wrench to the left? If they are left hand screws than wouldn't it be to the right to loosen?

Last edited:
Try a torx wrench. A T30 is a size and Allan wrenches are in inch or metric that 5/30 leads me to believe it is not Allan

Try a torx wrench. A T30 is a size and Allan wrenches are in inch or metric that 5/30 leads me to believe it is not Allan
5/30 is what the guy on the video said he had and he said it was an Allen, maybe he was confused, what I've tried is a 5/32 Allen. Well I don't have a torx wrench I need to get one, I was just watching a extraction video and if it's a stripped hex head it could be extracted with a torx just have to hammer it in, upon further observation it indeed looks like it's a stripped hex, I think it was already stripped because when I put the hex wrench it it wouldn't catch at any rate looks like i need torx either way. I don't think an easy out extractor is going to work and I don't have any bolt extractors need to get those too, I also need to figure out what bolt I will replace it with although at the moment I will have to temporarily use the bolt screw I have till I can get a replacement. Turns out I have Torx in my socket set I tried T30 it's too big I'm going to try the hammer trick see if that works.

Last edited:
My favorite bolt extractor is a left hand drill bit.

Latest resources

Back