Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What size is the bolt that holds fan blade on Coleman Mach 15 AC blower motor?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I would like to.report the replacement is done, I would like to but that's further from the truth, the truth is I finally found a Torx bit that was right under my nose in a compartment on the top of my toolbox, when I found it I just knew it would fit and sure enough it did and the shaft collar is now loosened. Now if anyone tells you its easy to remove the fan blade off a rusted motor shaft. they either haven't had to remove it or are lying, I can't get the dammned thing off, I've sprayed penetrating oil, WD40 silicon it won't budge an inch, I've tried gentle side to side motion like the video said prying, pushing, pulling, hammering nothing ,its like there is a clip or something in front of it holding it in. My only option now is to cut the shaft off so at least I can get the motor and fan out, try go get it off on a work bench, worse case scenario I need to replace the fan blade.

Try blast off maybe freeze off,seems to work in many cases.

Try blast off maybe freeze off,seems to work in many cases.
Coincidentally bought some blaster Multi Max at Wal-Mart yesterday ill give it a shot. I searched Freeze Off only coming up as a skin tag remover remover, so I take it actually freezing it , is that done with dry ice?

This stuff is great
1677440100439904540112250019167.jpg

Thanks ill keep it mind for the future, Well nothing budged it so I wound up cutting its just as well because all the pounding cracked part of the fan, I found a replacement on Amazon, thats the least of my problem, I went to mount the new motor and accept for where the motor screws for the lower support stand goes not one of the damned mount screws aligns with the mount plate, I either don't have the right motor although its rated and wired the same, its a bit wider,.also like in one of the videos I had to reverse the 3 screw on the motor so it mounts from the front. looks like I'm going to have to drill 3 new holes in the plate keeping the shaft centered is the problem since I don't have a work bench to work on it, what would you do?

Last edited:
I’ve replaced fam motors on (2) of (3) units. It is a torx 30 , conventional lefty loosey. Hold the blade and use a drill or impact driver with a torx bit. A set of torx bits will always come in handy.

Evap fan was a t handle allen for the longer length reaching through the fan. The condenser fan blade was a clamp with a sheet metal screw through the clamp. The Allen was either 9/64 or 5/32. I found the evap fan blade was not close enough to the evaporator and was drawing air around the side of the blade instead of the evaporator. Make sure when you put the fan blade back on that it is as close to the evaporator as it can be without rubbing on the Styrofoam.

Latest resources

Back