Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bigdaydave

RVF Regular
I'm a new comer to the Forum and excited to be looking for an R.V. Started on Class B , but leaning toward a 25 footer class c, not a B plus because I'd like to on ground tow a small car cause I want to visit major cities as well ,museums ect. QUESTION I'm thinking used1000 trails membership... Harvest Host, are these a good idea QUESTION.. Been watching Matts R.V. reviews saw the 2020 Chevy 4500 with a coachman freeland 22xg, liked the fold queen bed. Is it to cheap of an R.V.? I want a on ground toad. And will it hold up for a full time guy? I am 62 single and will have vacation rental for income ,then regroup there after 8-10 months on road. I would add solor, lithium batteries. Also see Craigslist R.V.s..... Thinking not more then 10 yrs old and have someone check it out. Total budget like to keep it under 70 - 80 thousand for both. Don't like the idea of depreciation on new R.V.s Also want to visit elderly and sick kids in hospitals along the way with service dog or Cat! I know I through a lot out there but I have work all my life with a few bad bumps along the road and I have about 6-9 months till I'm on the road. Thank you !

I can only vouch for the Harvest Host membership. When traveling, it's sometimes hard to find an open campground. Some even require two or more nights to reserve. Harvest Host has been great for finding places to stay along the way. The only downsize has been they are not always on or near the main highways.

Cost of a TOAD + the gear to tow it + insurance and maintenance. You can take Uber or rent a car for way less out of pocket cost over the long run.

We have a Class A and we are not going to tow a vehicle. Uber or renting is our plan.

Its only slightly less convenient for us, but the savings are well worth it.

Welcome @bigdaydave - great to have you join the group here.

Cost of a TOAD + the gear to tow it + insurance and maintenance. You can take Uber or rent a car for way less out of pocket cost over the long run.

We have a Class A and we are not going to tow a vehicle. Uber or renting is our plan.

Thank you for the reply, It make sense, dollar and cents.

Thank you, always nice to hear from a non biased opinion

I'm a new comer to the Forum and excited to be looking for an R.V. Started on Class B , but leaning toward a 25 footer class c, not a B plus because I'd like to on ground tow a small car cause I want to visit major cities as well ,museums ect. QUESTION I'm thinking used1000 trails membership... Harvest Host, are these a good idea QUESTION.. Been watching Matts R.V. reviews saw the 2020 Chevy 4500 with a coachman freeland 22xg, liked the fold queen bed. Is it to cheap of an R.V.? I want a on ground toad. And will it hold up for a full time guy? I am 62 single and will have vacation rental for income ,then regroup there after 8-10 months on road. I would add solor, lithium batteries. Also see Craigslist R.V.s..... Thinking not more then 10 yrs old and have someone check it out. Total budget like to keep it under 70 - 80 thousand for both. Don't like the idea of depreciation on new R.V.s Also want to visit elderly and sick kids in hospitals along the way with service dog or Cat! I know I through a lot out there but I have work all my life with a few bad bumps along the road and I have about 6-9 months till I'm on the road. Thank you !
Hi Dave,

I just purchased my 2021 freelander 22xg after researching for 2 years. I’m FT and a newbie! I’m boondocking in urban areas and I love it! It’s basic but I personally don’t think it’s too basic. I thought same used vs new but I paid $79k and these are hot hot hot right now. People selling their used Rv’s are getting more than they paid for in some cases. Supply vs demand like many other things right now so depreciation is not an issue for now. Plus you can rent these out for over $200 a night if you ever choose. My vote is get in one of these and you’ll see how versatile they are and great to drive. Hope this helps.

Also, I posted pics of mine in a thread by Roxie to show off my Inner Hippy Gypsy interior design.. made some changes to make it less RV ish, lol.

Latest resources

Back