Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What washer/dryer is in the 2020 Newmars?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Today is laundry day and I'm glad the washer is working fine. I did cycle the breaker the last time I got the F23 code. I did a load of towels on hot to test the temp sensor. I did something I do at home with the dishwasher as I was told by a serviceman which is to run the sink next to it and draw the hot water back prior to starting the unit. Some of these machines are so efficient with the water that by the time they are done with drawing the needed water it's not enough time to draw the hot water. So I ran the hot water on the bathroom sink and once hot started the laundry.

Adding another 120VAC leg will require another line (wire) to the dryer PLUS adding a 240VAC breaker that picks up both legs of the 50A supply. I haven't checked, but I doubt that Newmar puts in two-leg breaker panels that would allow the 240VAC breaker to be installed. When I get a chance, I'll check the panel in our coach, but we are in the early stages of a combined snowstorm and high-wind event, so it may be a while before I get to it.

TJ

Last edited:
I hold my breath every time I start our Whirlpool washer. We had a Splendide combo in our Alpine coach for 11 years with no issues. If I have any problems with my washer, we will replace it with Splendide. Judy D

I had issues with the Whirlpool washer tonight with towels and not going into high speed spin. It's always a puzzle with this thing, I had to do another "normal" wash with no options. It seems when you start adding options like extra rinse, extended spin, prewash then things just go south. I was ready to order something such as a LG compact pair then saw the reviews were pure suck, the same with Whirlpools latest. It seems compact units are just not good. I haven't looked into Splendide but it sounds like that's the next option if needed. I wonder if I can toss the washer out the emergency escape door in the bathroom, of course it would bounce back and hit the coach so that won't happen but it may be an exit option someway somehow. For now, 240V not happening, and quite frankly anything new is not happening, I'll continue to work with this puzzle piece until it's just flat out dead.

Two different models of the Whirlpool, one with white faceplate (horrible) one with black faceplate (much better). You can read all about whirlpool failures and horrible service on IRV2 under the Newmar forum, lots of examples of crap washers. Our new coach has the splendide brand, love them. Crossed USA from factory to selling dealer, back across from west coast to home, then back to Yuma, AZ and then back to home in GA. Not one issue with them, the clean clothes good and we are very pleased with them. FWIW-When washer spins at 1200 RPM's it can shake the coach some, however, the unit is smart in that it will partially spin at slower speed to make sure load is balanced before it turns on the big guns. Don't use recommended amount of soap, use about half amount and also buy HE type.

Latest resources

Back