Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What washer/dryer is in the 2020 Newmars?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm a believer in Whirlpool, Newmar intentionally made a bad decision to save money and not delivery quality or reliability. Splendide is an unknown to me, I'm not sure who I trust more; a newer model Whirlpool or Splendide.

DW swears the Spendide is far superior to the Whirlpool we had in the 2017. She says it gets the clothes cleaner, I wouldn’t know.

I think a rock and moving water is superior to what we have in 2017's. I hope it proves to be superior to even the newer model Whirlpools which aren't reviewed well per my research earlier today.

Had a Splendide "combo" in the Mountain Aire, worked great, just couldn't put large loads in it.
Splendide stackable in the new one. DW will give it a workout while in Florida, and will report back!

I think if I have to replace mine I'm going with LG. I recently put LG's in my S&B and really like them, these compact units are rated well. Samsung is another I'd have to look into but sticking with a major brand is what I'd prefer. Splendide is an unknown to me in the washer/dryer world, Whirlpool is showing a history of issues that it's probably not wise to go there so why not go with something Newmar is NOT using?

The problem with these is probably that the dryers are 240V and I think the ones we have are 120V? I could just replace the washer if needed and keep the functional 120V dryer.

I am curious how hard it is to get those in. My coach is plumbed but we don’t have them.....yet. Maybe some forearm forklifts are required.

1C5BA231-9903-4BC2-8CB2-819FA8B40F52.jpeg

Last edited:
In my CanyonStar 3911 it is not an issue getting any washer dryer through the the Lift door. Is it an issue getting the washer or dryer through the standard RV door and passage way?.

I think the issue and challenge is the passenger side seat in my coach. That thing is always in the way, I wish it would go back further. It would take two people and it would be painful. I'd have to measure the width but wonder if the screen door would have to be removed.

I'm hoping my washer will work again after cycling the breaker.

Also, correct my stupid electrical math but if I wanted 240V to the dryer for something new would that just be adding a the additional shore power line so two 50A lines are running back there? Right now it's just one line per the breaker so I guess to get 240V you'd need L1 and L2 to both run to the dryer? Sure would have been nice for Newmar to do that!!! Most dryers are 240V and I'm sure it would dry so much better so it may be worthwhile. @10 fan or @Chuggs or @Stuart S any tips as you're the master electricians?

I forgot how difficult fishing anything from the half bath breaker panel is. That’s never happening by me. Newmar would be the only one to do it. Just have to stick with a 120V dryer in this coach. The washer is the problem and can take any compact 120V washer which there are many options. I’d likely go with LG.

Ditto that, TJ......

Latest resources

Back