• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What would I buy...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I agree, ours is a 17 also. You could always put a fuzzy area rug where needed for your tender little feet?
Agreed. The more tile is definitely nice unless you get one of the coaches where people have HWH issues such as a solenoid failure which is a nice tile destroyer. I've seen some messed up floors not long ago from slide retraction failures.

I sometimes think about getting a new one (no carpet on the slide would be nice), but not sure if a new MH would fit in our RV cover. :)

But Neal is right…be happy with what you have. For as little as we now get to travel, this suits us just fine.

1533AD8A-7D7A-4D6F-815A-74A652E7B48C.jpeg

Ah, the what if's... Since everything is a compromise in one sense, you have to really be in touch with your inner Zen to know what really is important to you. I'm a dinosaur, so the tech stuff isn't a big sell for me. DW loves all the pretty screens and thingamabobs, i just see future pain. You are tech guy, so I'm betting there will be something in the future offerings that will be a step change in tech that might lure you into the dealer.

The inside is just the inside. the carpet thing never was an issue for me. With furniture, I had to look to see how much was on each side. Obviously not enough to impact my buying decision.

Only you will know when it is time, when it is we all will be watching to see what pulled you in.

best of luck.

j

All - I love our coach except for one thing, wish it had more HP. If the ventana came with the ILS-400 that would be the cat's meow. If win lottery, might move up to New Aire because it has the 450HP, would stay in the 35 foot range, because of roads on this side of country. If for some reason we sell, done rv'ing, just not as fun as it used to be. However, regardless, I love the sleep number king bed in ours as well. Would also keep the All Electric Coach option, not having to mess with propane is a wonderful thing. Some changes would be nice, fix the awful pivot door on the bathroom and go to pocket door. Make bedroom doors more soundproof. Otherwise happy.

Neal is right. In his opening comment he mentioned that boaters are the same for always looking to move up. We were boat owners and went from 30 to 32 to 38 in 5 years. One thing we learned is that we paid a bunch of sales tax. Now as motorhome owners, I do the same thing. We own a 2019 HR 35K Vacationer we bought new. A couple weeks ago, at Elm Hill outside Nashville, there was a Tiffin Phaeton 40 IH next to us. The only problem with that is that even my wife liked it. We really like our current mh. As our ability to travel increases, a bit more room and keeping the bath and a half would be great.
Ken

In today's world, the quality is suspect on anything new. And they need to install some kind of portable desk area because many are working and being on the road at the same time. Pocket doors instead of that "cantlevier one" is also better option. Better soundproofing in bedroom area between front and back, maybe double door setup like in Previous coach. More HP in smaller units. But as mentioned in above. Manfacturers, need to get behind and support individuals and business's who are planning or want to build RV parks, and help them overcome the stigma associated with RV'ing in the zoning process. Currently, not enough spaces, and only going to get worse if buying number are realized. That for us is current problem, cannot go when I want, and cannot get into places I want to stay. I would not now just pick up the keys and head out to west coast because I would not find someplace to stay, and aint boodocking in Wally world, or rest area/parking lot. The days of "open road adventure" are long gone, and that was the allure of RV'ing in the first place. Now it's as cumbersome as trying to get reservations at resort and getting on plane, nope aint doing that. Plus, things break in travel, getting it serviced or finding parts to fix it is problematic at best. Nope, if we don't use it as house and sell S&B, still thinking about selling it. We are fast apporaching a decision point on either option, and heavely leaning on doing both, new place to live and no RV. Experts say, (have article on supply chain woes), the disruptions on transportation and getting supplies is going to last deep into 2022, and could be mid 2023 before back to "normal". I could solve it tomorrow, but no one asks me.

As I sit here at Newmar, sleep deprived from my 0500 wake up and seeing all these gorgeous coaches I think "ya know, if getting new coaches every few years makes you happy and brings you joy then do it". We don't typically move between new homes every few years but a motorhome is another story. Now is not the time for me especially in this pandemic supply issue nightmare. But I'm not counting myself out in the next few years. I've had New Aire on the brain lately probably from watching the Van Lifer videos on YouTube and I'm sure seeing a lot of them around Newmar so they are popular. Would be hard to not have a tag axle coach but keeping all options open. YOLO so do what makes you happy.

I may be on the brink of retirement, so I don’t think another RV is in the cards for us…. As much as I like the new units (New Aires are nice), we will need to stay with what we have.

So I’m on the fence myself. Especially with the pricing on the coaches, either new or used. Have been contemplating a Foretravel. But the New Aire with the shorter footprint is in my sites. Or I should say my brides. I like the 45 tag on the Essex we have. Be interesting in how the New Aire handles.

All - some caution, I had to have CDL for work, so fortunate to have to take driving and classroom for it. I learned a world of information, every single Big Rig driver needs to know, why, because it makes you safer, and more defensive at the same time. How does this ralate to new rig. We had the 40" MH, and west of Mississippi River, it works wonders, further east, and up the Atlantic Seaboard, into Maine, well I am sure glad I never tried that trip with that beast. Yes, I see tag's and larger MH's travel the mountains all the time, and 40 cars behind them going up our hills, and every one of those cars is banging on the steering wheel "X:LOL:JDLOIFJPL"OIJD move the hell over". If you choose the big rig, get some additional driving training. And in the Appliciation mountains, you would do well to pull over frequently when you are holding up lots of cars. Plus, you might find it difficult in some places to park that behemouth of a RV. And getting around or even into some RV parks here would be almost impossible if over 40'. Not saying you cannot do it, but it would be challenge. So if your travels are going to bring you to eastern side of USA, you might consider smaller footprint for that trip. I/we got the 3407 Ventana, because, we took our 40 close to our home, and we played "xlxxldx" getting her into some places and leveled up. And remember, I had CDL training, was driving big rigs all over Pacific North West, and it was challenge to me. Give it some serious though on "where you plan to spend all those miles".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back