Cornerstone
RV Length
Chassis
FL
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
So much talk about Newmar’s decline in quality and the term “Covid Coach” Always seems to work its way in to the mix.
What years are “Covid Coaches”?
20-22
20-23
20-24
Do you believe that Covid Coaches will still be made in 25?
Thank you in advance

To add to my question, is it possible for some manufacturers to be suffering “Long Term Covid” when it comes to “Covid Coaches”?

I think 2020 coaches were for the most part unaffected by this. Many were made in 2019 and the effects of covid probably didn't start hitting production until mid year 2020. That’s about the time people started to catch on to the excuse value of covid and by then they were almost into the 2021 model year.

Regardless if I buy another coach, whether to upgrade or downsize, it will be older, not newer. I find the increased complexity and heavy reliance on fragile electronics detracts from the experience.

I think 2020 coaches were for the most part unaffected by this. Many were made in 2019 and the effects of covid probably didn't start hitting production until mid year 2020. That’s about the time people started to catch on to the excuse value of covid and by then they were almost into the 2021 model year.

Regardless if I buy another coach, whether to upgrade or downsize, it will be older, not newer. I find the increased complexity and heavy reliance on fragile electronics detracts from the experience.
You make an excellent point on the 2021

I have always thought ot 2021-2023 as "Covid Campers", but I have also seen about the same issues with all new campers, regardless of year, as depicted on a few forums and FB...

I have a 2020 Mountain Aire. It has plenty of problems but... it was built in Nov 2019... I am in Nappanee right now and I will say the service team is the most helpful and truly focused bunch I have seen in a long time. They reflect very positively on the brand. I just wish it did not take many, many months to get an appointment. `

Agree the advanced technology is a 2 edged sword. Lots of great features, lots of headaches. I own a company in a highly technical/electronic/hardware centric specialty and am very technically capable, so I work through most of the issues, but... these hi-tech systems are often held together by baling wire and spit. Newmar should and could do better, they just need engage the right people to further the reliability. The old adage - "The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten." is very true here. We all buy high end brands for the quality, and if we have to deal with negative issues all the time we generate a very negative opinion of the brand over time. We want our purchase decision to be validated and the constant 3P issues (piss poor performance) causes us to rethink our purchase and that leads to a loss of future sales. I hear Casey Tubman is now a member of some of the forums - would love to spend a hour with him.

In my opinion the trailing effects of the Pandemic Government shutdowns will be with this country for many many years. It appears that public attitudes and education/training have all been negatively impacted by a societal shift.
Then there is the constant drum beat of negative "News", all being delivered 24/7.

The entire merit based work ethic seems to be a thing of the past. Strange world we live in.

Is a "covid coach" term just an excuse? Did it really warrant for any quality issues? Or was it an increase in production and getting them out the door as fast as they could really the issue to drive sales numbers? What does "covid coach" mean to you?

Is a "covid coach" term just an excuse? Did it really warrant for any quality issues? Or was it an increase in production and getting them out the door as fast as they could really the issue to drive sales numbers? What does "covid coach" mean to you?
Thank you!

I think Neal is on target!
My coach is a 2020.....built in September of 2019, and its' off-line date was the same day that Winnebago announced it bought Newmar! Important, maybe not, but I got a 100% NEWMAR!;)
And I did "FPU" and had very few issues, and now 4 years later, very minor issues, so I want to say the "Quality" did not diminish until after the acquisition announcement!
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!:cool:
Allan

Latest resources

Back