• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What years are “Covid Coaches”

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Is a "covid coach" term just an excuse? Did it really warrant for any quality issues? Or was it an increase in production and getting them out the door as fast as they could really the issue to drive sales numbers? What does "covid coach" mean to you?
Initially, I think we referred to covid coaches as coaches built in 2020 with minimal workers, extending into 2021. Then in 2022, all heck broke loose trying to keep up with the demand. If I remember, Newmar started a second shift sometime during 2022 or it could have been 2023. Regardless, IMHO, the covid culture of "get'em out as quickly as possible and let the dealers worry about the quality issues" started in mid-2021 and continues today. WGO admitted as much when they stated in their earnings notes that "higher warranty experience compared to prior year." Maybe "covid culture" is a more appropriate statement.

Last edited:
I believe covid-19 coaches started with lock downs(2019). However the loss of qualified workers came with the death spike in 2021! My assessment is this loss of qualified work force may outlast the RV companies!!!

Actually, lock downs did not start in earnest until March of 2020.

Regardless if I buy another coach, whether to upgrade or downsize, it will be older, not newer. I find the increased complexity and heavy reliance on fragile electronics detracts from the experience.

^^^^^
x2

All of this Covid Coach talk made me nervous so I took action

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 22
Does a Covid coach mean it has extra storage for TP? Now is the time in the build to be sure you have the needed storage for being well prepared.
🧻

I think 2020 coaches were for the most part unaffected by this. Many were made in 2019 and the effects of covid probably didn't start hitting production until mid year 2020. That’s about the time people started to catch on to the excuse value of covid and by then they were almost into the 2021 model year.

Regardless if I buy another coach, whether to upgrade or downsize, it will be older, not newer. I find the increased complexity and heavy reliance on fragile electronics detracts from the experience.
Hopefully, the bigwigs will get this message and produce a simple high end, quality gas coach, w/o all of the fancy electronic glitter.

Latest resources

Back