Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Or breakfast, or lunch... doesn't matter. Just post it up.

Tonight, it's a sandwich that I discovered when I was snowed in at my friends cabin in Grants Pass, Oregon back in the late 70's. It was a neat cabin, but there was no electricity, so we used oil lamps for light and there was an old fireplace for heat. If you've ever tried to heat a cabin (or house) with a fireplace, then you know that most of the heat goes up the chimney. So it was cold, but we were pretty well dressed in long johns, flannel shirts, etc.

As mentioned, we were seriously snowed in and the only food in the house was a bag of apples, some Provolone cheese, Wheat bread, carrots and a couple of bottles of wine. Don't remember what kind of wine it was but neither of us liked it so it sat there mainly untouched.

We were both hungry and decided to experiment with the available food. What we ended up with was Provolone Cheese on Wheat Bread, with sliced apples between the cheese. It was very, very good! I eat these sandwiches even today, but I like to add in some Spicy Brown Mustard and some lettuce too.

So tonight for dinner, I made the ol apple/provolone/wheat bread sandwich. Didn't have any lettuce but it was good non-the-less.

I'm not sure, but I'll bet the wine is still out there. Really, it was that bad.

DSC03572.JPG

DSC03574.JPG

DSC03575.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03574.JPG
    DSC03574.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 15
Marinated beef tips with rice and mixed veggies.

Corned beef sandwiches--the last remnants of the Saint Paddy's Day feast. Darned good, too!

TJ

We bought an air fryer and it's been sitting on the counter for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, Trish bought a chicken to try it out on but the chicken was to BIG! Slight miscalculation on her part. :) So we had chicken strips and french fries instead. I'm happy to report that the air fryer cooked the fries better than I could have ever expected. And the chicken strips were great too!

So that left us with a large chicken to deal with. And tonight, Trish tired out a new recipe with a bunch of herbs and spices. Haven't tried it out yet as it's in the process of cooling. But it sure looks good!

DSCN0313.JPG

DSCN0375.JPG

Last edited:
Last night's chicken recipe was a keeper, even though she cooked the chicken upside down! Which meant the breast wasn't as crispy as it would have been had it been right-side-up. But all in all, it was pretty good.

This AM, we tested out some biscuits and they came out very well too! Nice to have a little oven that cooks so well and doesn't heat up the house (or motor home) in the process. It is a bit noisy though.

1590242721092.jpeg

1590242739045.jpeg

DSCN0390.JPG

Latest resources

Back