• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's in my RV Toolbox

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Doesn't anybody carry baling wire anymore? I've got mine.

Duct tape replaced baling wire?

Over the years I have found that acquiring tools is a problem. Working on a third rolling tool box......o_O. However I have found something that is cheap, figuratively and literally, but is very handy for the basic repairs. It has become my "go to" box around the RV. It is easily portable, gets the tools to where you need them, is ORGANIZED and allows quick fixes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0723914V1/?tag=rvf01-20
Pretty cool there, Mr. Hogan.

...and zip ties...

I don’t have half of the things @Neal has and hope I never have to acquire them. The things I have found most useful in this first year are:
- Large rubber mallet for giving the tow bar pins a good whack if they’re stuck
- Power screwdriver
- Socket wrench set
- Razor knife
- VHB Tape
- Multimeter
- Wire cutters
- Non contact Voltage pen
- Two adjustable wrenches
- Dremel
- Jig Saw
- Headlamps

if all of that fails, I turn to my Visa.

Last edited:
Also, a good pair of extendable loppers. I’ve had to trim a tree or bush on more than one occasion to keep it from getting all touchy feely with my rig.

I don’t have half of the things @Neal and hope I never have to acquire them.

Hey now, I've slimmed down quite a bit. I'm down to two toolboxes on a shelf thanks to my Dometic cooler causing me to rethink storage. Okay, another shelf has a toolkit and the caulk bundle, and zip ties, and ratchet wrench set. But that's it. My poor house is jam packed with the excess and I'm doing all I can to stay off the Discovery channel "Hoarders" show.

Hey now, I've slimmed down quite a bit. I'm down to two toolboxes on a shelf thanks to my Dometic cooler causing me to rethink storage. Okay, another shelf has a toolkit and the caulk bundle, and zip ties, and ratchet wrench set. But that's it. My poor house is jam packed with the excess and I'm doing all I can to stay off the Discovery channel "Hoarders" show.
No judgement here, my friend. Only point I was trying to make was to start of with the basics and then acquire what you need, as you need it. You’ve been at it a good bit longer than I so it makes sense that you would have a larger spread than me.

No judgement here, my friend. Only point I was trying to make was to start of with the basics and then acquire what you need, as you need it. You’ve been at it a good bit longer than I so it makes sense that you would have a larger spread than me.

I'm thenthitive on this subject ya know! I haven't had an amazon delivery in 48 hours, well, that's because the one that "came yesterday" didn't come. So I get to say 48 hours now!

I'm thenthitive on this subject ya know! I haven't had an amazon delivery in 48 hours, well, that's because the one that "came yesterday" didn't come. So I get to say 48 hours now!
What stage of withdrawal are you in? Have you gotten past the cold sweats yet?

Latest resources

Back