• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's it like to Live in a small town?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Mayberry. Otis Campbell. The town drunk. Think back...he was the only character with a spouse. The only married guy on the show was a drunk. Go figgr

There may well be a causal relationship there.

I've worked hard to forget the past and you all are not helping! Alfalfa, Lost in Space, Green Acres, Leave it to Beave

@Jim It seems that your original post has been hijacked. Sorry, just trying to have a laugh or two.

@Neal There’s no better time than now to deep-dive back into those shows you are reminiscing.

Citation received. Thread back on track. ?

@Jim It seems that your original post has been hijacked. Sorry, just trying to have a laugh or two.
lol, it's all good! Enjoying the comments! :LOL:

Goober and Earnest T Bass

We live just outside of a small town. No traffic signals, two liquor stores, six restaurants, and one gas station. St Louis is a half hour away. We love it.

I used to live in a small town called Lone Pine. For you California peeps, leave LA and take 395 toward Bishop and you'll come to it. I also lived in Ridgecrest (China Lake) for a few years when my grandfather worked at the Navy base. Saw President Kennedy when he came out to see the latest and greatest that the Navy had to offer.

Then we lived in Deep Springs for a few years. Deep Springs is a Liberal Arts College out in the middle of nowhere. Continue on 395 and turn right at the big tree just outside of Big Pine and go about 25 miles. Very narrow road on the side of a cliff as I recall. But then I was pretty young and evil things tend to be larger than they really are at that age.

Latest resources

Back