Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

VernaL

RVF Newbee
We are looking at 5th wheels, trying to decide which is the best model/brand to buy. Consumer Reports doesn't not rate campers. Is there a different site that rates them?

Welcome from Georgia!

That's an impossible question to answer. You'll never get anyone to agree. Best thing to do is for you to go do in-person inspections and draw your own conclusions. After a while the cheaply built ones will stand out like a sore thumb to you. Good luck!

As someone once said, "they are all made out of sticks and staples". And EZ is correct, it's not possible to say which is better than others, just do your research and find a layout that fits what you want and hope it doesn't nickle and dime you forever. There's a reason they only come with a one year warranty. I have a family member who bought an Airstream, the cost for that was double what I paid for my 5th wheel, and he's had more maintenance issues and now wanting to sell it. He's only had it 3 years.
As I tell my wife often; if were going to be in the RVing sport, we have to deal with the maintenance that comes with it.

As someone once said, "they are all made out of sticks and staples". And EZ is correct, it's not possible to say which is better than others, just do your research and find a layout that fits what you want and hope it doesn't nickle and dime you forever. There's a reason they only come with a one year warranty. I have a family member who bought an Airstream, the cost for that was double what I paid for my 5th wheel, and he's had more maintenance issues and now wanting to sell it. He's only had it 3 years.
As I tell my wife often; if were going to be in the RVing sport, we have to deal with the maintenance that comes with it.
Yep, RVing is definitely an interactive sport. No sitting on the sidelines and observing. You will get your hands dirty or you will be opening your wallet...a lot. ?

100% worth it though for the memories.

I'm going to be bold and go on record recommending Jayco. My husband and I are in our third Jayco (one TT, two 5ers) and other than maintenance, have had zero issues. That said, RVs are certainly sticks and staples, and the newest builds are perhaps even more so. Just have to dig into whatever manufacturer/model, read some reviews, stomp around inside and slam cabinet doors, etc., and take it all with a grain of salt. Enjoy the process!

Laurel

Latest resources

Back