Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's the experience that makes you appreciate having your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I love many things but most is having my 4 legged in comfortable surroundings.

After staying at a spa type park for a month, my longest stay anywhere, I realized that a more simple lifestyle, and having less stuff to take care of, really appeals to me. I had the coach, the jeep, and the e-bikes and that was plenty.

The park has many amenities and activities (38 per day they say), but for me the desert and my jeep and bikes was plenty. At this point I’m starting to believe I could handle full timing but it would take a lot of planning and effort to get to that point.

So for now I’ll just keep trying the extended visits method. I’ve been on the road for several months at a time in the past and found that wearing, but settling in to one place that satisfies me and is restful and enjoyable and was a new experience.

So for the next visit there (Fountain of Youth Spa RV Resort) I reserved a site I consider “premium” (but priced like an economy site) because it faces the desert, has plenty of room, and is in a quiet, mostly residential part of the park (they mix it up a bit). I was in the “patios” section this time (all full hook-up rv sites) and the comings and goings and having more neighbors detracted a bit.

I’m looking forward to a two month stay in 10 months, and will probably add Pickle Ball to my activities list, along with biking, hiking, the hot mineral spas, and just enjoying the environment there, and none of it would be possible without my RV. It took me a while to realize all this but being home put it in perspective.

Not having to carry our luggage in and out of hotels every few days when we are doing a major road trip to site see with the family, and getting to be in close proximity of the kiddos for those great humorous conversations they love striking up.
Oh yeah, dragging that luggage/hanging clothes dolly onto and off the elevator, and coaxing it into the room - with wheels going every direction. Nope.

I'm with Jim, the FG. for those less fortunate it beats the heck out of the street.
Sorry folks, I am always thinking about them.

We like sleeping in our own bed, cooking our own food, choosing the view we want to see from our window and having the freedom to leave/move to a different location with ease. We have been full timing for five years and have not tired of traveling yet.

Darrell and Jerry

Traveling, being able to find a safe area, Walmart, truck stop, campground- pull in and go climb into your OWN bed. I am a nurse, have seen too many bed bugs come in on patients. The best hotels can have them. A family member had bad experiences with 4 star hotel and was bitten by bed bugs, lucky not brought home. We have never expirenced that, but you never know. NOPE. There are only a few select hotels in my state I will stay in, but that's no guarantee. The" haul your own bathroom" is a big plus too.

My husband is thinking that he wants to give up the rving life. I told him that after 3 nights in a hotel he will change his mind real quick.

It’s the emotional safety of home.
Both of us are pretty non-social and like our space away from others, but we do go to motorcycle rallies and enjoy nature.
After a long day of riding and “peopling” at the rally, our MH is literally our home. It’s safe, it has all of our stuff in it and we are in a quiet COE or park campground away from others.

I think the whole range has been covered here.... on demand privy, no need to load up a car with stuff just grab food/clothes and go without a fuss (well, maybe fill water tank). Living in the west with lots of BLM, being able to pull off a road somewhere and camp.. no fuss... no cost.. rarely anyone else.

I think the whole range has been covered here.... on demand privy, no need to load up a car with stuff just grab food/clothes and go without a fuss (well, maybe fill water tank). Living in the west with lots of BLM, being able to pull off a road somewhere and camp.. no fuss... no cost.. rarely anyone else.
Our travels have been down the east coast this year. Lots of interesting stuff to see and do but having to hole up in an RV Park every night has not been a real pleasure. Don't get me wrong/ It isn't THAT bad but we sure miss being our west where there is so much more freedom. As Arnold would say "I'll be back"! :)

Latest resources

Back