Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's the experience that makes you appreciate having your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Oh yeah, dragging that luggage/hanging clothes dolly onto and off the elevator, and coaxing it into the room - with wheels going every direction. Nope.
Agree with this too! I forgot that one. Hubby wants to just drive , stop and grab a room. It takes a little more and a little longer to do that. Find a place, hope there's a room available, register, park grab the bags, haul to room... I'm tired just talking about it.

Having the ability to evacuate for hurricanes easily and have a place to live if necessary when we return.
Ditto. Since we're retired, we can evacuate early before they start banning rvs and boats
It's essentially our second home.

Waking up in the morning and walking out the RV door, 10 paces to a trout stream. No other person in sight, and no other person seen or heard for several days. Deer in the meadow to the right of the picture. Wildflowers and songbirds. No light pollution at night, the starry skies are awesome.

This spot is a 45 minute drive from our home. An unpaved forest road that connects to a gravel forest arterial road about a mile to the left. 5 minutes to a National Park entrance. We have never seen sign anyone else has used this boondocking site. Yet somehow Google Earth found us, taking this photo when were were camped there.
Our Camping Spot (Canva-edited).jpg

Waking up in the morning and walking out the RV door, 10 paces to a trout stream. No other person in sight, and no other person seen or heard for several days. Deer in the meadow to the right of the picture. Wildflowers and songbirds. No light pollution at night, the starry skies are awesome.

This spot is a 45 minute drive from our home. An unpaved forest road that connects to a gravel forest arterial road about a mile to the left. 5 minutes to a National Park entrance. We have never seen sign anyone else has used this boondocking site. Yet somehow Google Earth found us, taking this photo when were were camped there.View attachment 17087
Be careful telling people where this is or it will soon be overrun. I've got a few sites like this but don't give out the locations.

we had a different kind of experience with staying in Palo Duro canyon one year. Some teens (scouts?) were pitching tents nearby. We ate a lovely supper at our dinng table, watching them struggle to set up tents and get fires going (fortunately the wind was going away from us).
Well, a fairly strong storm blew into the canyon during the night - we drifted off to sleep in our cosy bed while listening to the pouring rain.
We woke up to a clean, gorgeous blue-sky day and hustled up a scrumptious breakfast while planning the day's activity. When we sat down to enjoy eggs, ham, coffee, toast...we looked out the window and remembered the scout?troop.
What a mess! They were spreading stuff out to dry, and re-propping up their tents, had a fire going again to cook breakfast.. I guess they were staying.
Bob is a former Scout himself, but is glad to enjoy glamping in weather like this.

I wouldn’t laugh. You are comparing two different kinds of experiences. Remember these tent camping folks didn’t bring several thousand pounds of equipment to the park. Enjoyment is in the eye of the beholder. Respectfully HVAC

I wouldn’t laugh. You are comparing two different kinds of experiences. Remember these tent camping folks didn’t bring several thousand pounds of equipment to the park. Enjoyment is in the eye of the beholder. Respectfully HVAC
Never said we laughed. We both grew up camping in far, far more rugged experiences than those Scouts. We simply enjoyed our current circumstances, and remembered. Those scouts had much to learn, but I wouldn't presume to lecture.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back