Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I'm beyond mad.

While my coach was at Newmar, they said my basement doors should be adjusted and that I also needed a charge bridge solenoid. Total for both, $500.00. I've adjusted a bunch of basement doors, and paying them $200 to do it was Ludacris. But I had a gazillion other things going and I wanted the coach to arrive ready to roll, so I told them to go ahead and do the adjustment.

So the coach arrived and to my dismay, the doors were NOT adjusted and required slamming to get them to shut. And on one of them, the plastic guide was broken. I griped to Newmar but what's the good, right? I mean, I'm not going to drive it 10 hours to have them redo it, right?

So about the same time, @Neal arrived and he jumped in and adjusted them all. Only took him about 30 minutes. Again, thank you Neal!

Well today, I moved the coach over to Site 1 and when I opened the door to pull out my power cord, I'm greeted with this mess. The charge bridge solenoid is laying on the basement floor and the cover to the transfer switch laying beside it. So I don't know if the solenoid is the old one that was replaced, of if the solenoid is the new one and the tech just went to lunch and forgot to finish the job. So far, I'm out $500 and can't find anything that they've done to warrant the expense.

Is this the great "Mothership experience" that everyone is rushing over there to receive? Or is this what has happened to their service department now that they are flying under the Winnebago flag?

DSCN9841.JPG

DSCN9842.JPG

Last edited:
I'm beyond mad.

While my coach was at Newmar, they said my basement doors should be adjusted and that I also needed a charge bridge solenoid. Total for both, $500.00. I've adjusted a bunch of basement doors, and paying them $200 to do it was Ludacris. But I had a gazillion other things going and I wanted the coach to arrive ready to roll, so I told them to go ahead and do the adjustment.

So the coach arrived and to my dismay, the doors were NOT adjusted and required slamming to get them to shut. And on one of them, the plastic guide was broken. I gripped to Newmar but what's the good, right? I mean, I'm not going to drive it 10 hours to have them redo it, right?

So about the same time, @Neal arrived and he jumped in and adjusted them all. Only took him about 30 minutes. Again, thank you Neal!

Well today, I moved the coach over to Site 1 and when I opened the door to pull out my power cord, I'm greeted with this mess. The charge bridge solenoid is laying on the basement floor and the cover to the transfer switch laying beside it. So I don't know if the solenoid is the old one that was replaced, of if the solenoid is the new one and the tech just went to lunch and forgot to finish the job. So far, I'm out $500 and can't find anything that they've done to warrant the expense.

Is this the great "Mothership experience" that everyone is rushing over there to receive? Or is this what has happened to their service department now that they are flying under the Winnebago flag?

View attachment 15489
View attachment 15490
Based on the photo, it looks like an uninstalled part, with the added feature of a fire hazard. They must have been in a hurry. Were you asking for a rush job?

Were you asking for a rush job?
Nope, didn't matter to me when it got done. I wasn't able to use the coach until the end of our park season.

I even went back and reread the email chain with Newmar, and nowhere in it did I ask them to do everything 100% wrong and charge me for the privilege. I wonder where they got that idea?

I'm not sure if you or your dealer coordinated this. If your dealer, I'd offer that they should sort this out and right the wrong. While I know you're mad, Newmar is great to work with, give them a call or email and have it checked into if your dealer is not handling it. Something obviously didn't get done right and I don't know the answer. I looked at that bay with @GlampDaddy and noticed it, I do see the two solenoids on the back wall, I'm not sure what's new or not but my guess is the new ones are in use and on the wall. Roll of the dice.

With shore power off and nothing electrical on the coach I would make sure all of the connections on the transfer switch are secure. There was a recall for owners to do this around 2018'ish I believe. Then put the cover back on to keep paws out.

The coach looks great, I'm still baffled how it looks like new! You got a great one. I hope to see pics of you and Trish out and enjoying it soon.

The BIM in the pic looks new and never installed to me. No marks on the hardware or the mount point visible in the pic, although given the debris, it looks like some electrical work was done. A close examination should tell you if its new or used. As for the quality of service there, it was over the top for me a year and a half ago - way beyond satisfactory.

So either this is an anomomoly, or it’s the shape of things to come with the WBGO acquisition. Hopefully its the former - time and the experiences of others will tell.

But I still get good service over the phone when ordering parts, so I’m holding out hope. Mean time, take lots of pics, call and explain what happened, send emails with pics to back it up, and my guess is they will make it right. Keep us posted.

I suspect that you will see some changes in a very short time.

I suspect the changes will be what we have asked for.

@Jim why was the BIM being replaced?

Not to derail this discussion, but

Friend left Newmar today after having furniture changed. Headed down the interstate and his wife said my seat moves a lot. She checked: 3 loose bolts and one bolt missing. Had to stop at a dealership in Bowling Green Ky. for them to fix it. Have all the competent employees quit?

IMG_3396.jpeg

Newmar has not shown they care about the customers voice.

The new president is still in his observation and discovery stage.

What he does after this period will tell me how serious he is about the future of the company.

I personally won't be happy if the "angry", "bully" executive remains with the company.

If this "sham" of a leader is shown the door, I will be very pleased, and a true believer in the future Casey will bring to Newmar.

July 26 was start date. He is now 90+ days. I would expect the next 30-45 days will be newsworthy.

interesting - I’ve clearly missed something in this continuing drama…:unsure:

Latest resources

Back