Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I own two Springfield Armory 9mm's and I'm looking to buy another handgun both for fun and for self-defense of course. What are your favorite handguns for sport shooting and also for self-defense? My father gave me a S&W 9mm but it's not a fave sadly

Here is what I have:

XD-M (4.5"): This is the most amazing pistol I've shot. Wonderful balance, little recoil, very accurate. A joy to shoot

XD (3"): It's not my fav but more compact:

I'm looking for a 3rd but not sure if it will be another Springfield Armory or something else.

I would recommend either a glock 9mm or a sig sauer p210. I have both and I like them both. Sigs are expensive relatively. Dw has a S&W mp Shield 9 mm and for the price it’s a great value. Try them all if you can.

I generally don't discuss publicly whether and/or what firearms I may or may not have, but let's just say a couple of my good friends are Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson. They are both in their .40s. Both were Military & Police guys and one had a Shield. Great folks to have on your side!

TJ

I like Walther PPS 9mm for carry. One of my boys had S&W Shield and fell in love with the PPS.

I dont own this one, but Kimber makes a 1911 that is about the most handsome looking handgun you will ever run across.

Of the ones I own, my Springfield XDS .45 is the easiest to carry without printing,

Check out the Sig P365...a very decent shooter and superb CC. For fun at the range, not much will make you happier than the Kimber LE in 45Auto. And, you can’t go wrong with a Glock 19.

9mm Glock 17 I bought new 30 years ago, but too big to Cary in FL wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
My favorite cary is Italian made Browning 380 Auto with 14 round magazine.
72214293-A85A-4DD3-A411-97B2F49F82A3.jpeg

I have a Kimber Micro 380 with laser sight! DW likes it, as she can "point & shoot"!
For me, it is an easy carry, & not noticeable! Has plenty of stopping power for my needs, & the projectiles will surely make them stop!
My brother-in-law, retired LEO has a 1911 (fabulous handgun), a 380, & a 9mm as well. Like me, he carries the 380!
Everyone has opinions, but Kimber is probably the best hand gun in America!

1592323417608.png

My every day carry is a baby glock 26. With a grip extension, it strikes the right balance for me between concealment, stopping power and capacity.

I’d really like to get a 12 gauge bull pup one day. They look crazy.

my least favorite gun was the Beretta m9 I carried in the service. What a grotesque, silly gun that was. Better for hammering nails than hitting a target.

Latest resources

Back