• Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's your favorite handgun?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not a bad option if you are either uncomfortable or not knowledgeable about being responsibly armed.

TASER

Not a bad option if you are either uncomfortable or not knowledgeable about being responsibly armed.

TASER
Don’t bring a Taser to a gun fight. Pulling one of these, gives the other party all the reason to reply with deadly force.
Me thinks?

While I agree with @Buly, I hope none of us are ever in a gunfight quite honestly. If and when you encounter an intruder or a person who has the intent to shoot you, you better be ready for the following:
  1. Be ready to pull the trigger and you better have thought about that long before you get to the point of conflict.
  2. If the firearm is discharged and you do shoot:
    1. You will be detained by the police and possibly arrested even if it was "by the book" self defense.
    2. You will need an attorney to represent you. It is wise to have this lined up and hope you never need it.
    3. You will probably have to go to trial to clear your name and prove that you acted in self defense. If the person(s) survives the self defense, it will be your word against theirs. I have seen a bad outcome where the "tide" turned in the favor of the attacker.
    4. Living with the aftermath as you will be a known person who shot someone and the publicity can be unfavorable in terms of community scorn and possible loss of employment.
If someone came into my motorhome unexpectedly or was looking to rob me of something they see, I would possibly be inclined to pull out the stun gun in lieu of pulling out my weapon to avoid the outcomes described above. Obviously, if they pull a gun and I chose a stun gun over a weapon, I sure hope I have the faster response.
This is not a topic to take lightly. You cannot train enough for these situations and if you have even the slightest doubt about shooting someone in self defense, you should not even consider a gun and probably look for another means of self defense. If you do decide to go down the road of being responsibly armed, I cannot stress enough to get insurance to protect you in case. It's money well spent. Highly recommend tactical training if you are serious. I apologize if I offend anyone as this is such a serious thing to consider, I want to be clear about the pro's and con's.

I also own two Springfield Armory handguns. One is a 9mm XD-M Elite 4.5” barrel and a 20 round magazine. The other is a XD-M Mod 2 Tactical with a 5” barrel. Both of these are great shooters and make me look good at the range. They also have a fiber optic front sight which I love. My conceal carry is a .380 Colt Mustang Pocketlite that is a true pocket pistol. For a small handgun this Colt is extremely accurate. For plinking fun I have an old .22 Browning Nomad.

Sounds like a rough crowd. Glad I am well behaved.

One of my favorite guns in my favorite holster. When wilderness hiking in the western states this is what I wear. I don't know why but I have a "thing" for flap holsters.

IMG_0733.JPG

The one I have on me when I need one

Better put out an APB in the hood. Don't mess with old men driving big coaches. It could be fatal! :ROFLMAO:

I said it before:
When they ask me “why do you need a gun?” I told them:
C’uz, I’m too old to fight, and too fat to run

Latest resources

Back